Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Formal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~Stressed~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Stressed~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Formal
    Posted: December 17 2001 at 9:11pm
HELP!
I have a winter formal coming up in a few weeks! I Am going to be traveling the day of the formal so I need a cute easy to do up-do for it. I am going to be doing my hair when I get there. I have thick hair that goes to middle of the back blonde and bangs. Please Help Me!
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2001 at 1:44pm
Reply to message: 12.357.1
You don`t give any idea of age, but I`m guessing that you aren`t too old for this :-)

Why not pull your hair into two ponytails (`bunches` in the UK) quite low on your head and braid them with something like ribbon threaded through them to match your outfit. Then just pin them round your head and finish them in a neat knot at the nape of your neck.

Or you could just go for a plain and chic bun of course, just because its a posh do you don`t have to for anything exotic to look great :-)
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Stressed~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2001 at 7:50pm
Reply to message: 12.358.1
Well.... I am 16 and I wanted something that is kind of a "punk" type of look. My dress is black and had sparkles all over it. I tried a upside down french braid, but it came out weird cuz` of my bangs. Thanx for the input though~ Sounds like a cute hairstyle!
:-)
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2001 at 1:59am
Reply to message: 12.360.1
Why not go for upside-down French braid, but stop when you get to the crown of your head (leaving your bangs out)? Sounds like a great dress btw
americanprincess View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 10:17am
Reply to message: 12.360.1
you could make little twisties all over your head, although this may take a while un less you have one of those twister things
you could also try some washout colors for something new
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Stressed~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2001 at 11:55am
Reply to message: 12.362.1
Well, I FINALLY found a hairstyle for the formal i`m going to. It`s really cute! What I`m going to do is pull my hair up in a pony tail and leave a little out all around it. Then I`m going to spiral the whole thing and pin the hair to my head. It takes awhile, but i`m up to it. I`m also going to add some little sparkle button looking things and some baby`s breath. Thanks for all the input! I really apreciate it!
P.S. Wish Me Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic