Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReasons why I love short hair....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reasons why I love short hair....
    Posted: April 08 2006 at 7:07am

Hi,

I have many reasons why I love my hair short.

First of all, it is so easy to care for. I also like the fact that I look cute with short hair. I feel more modern with short hair. I enjoy thumbing my nose(if You will) at society who think long hair is the only way to go for women. I also feel because I'm so active, short hair suits me;)

Plus if I'm ever running away from some mad man, he can't grab me by my hair, so short hair would come in handy for me!

I could go on,...

Thanks,..;)

God Bless,...
Katie
katay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 10:51pm

Hi  to All!

I hope everyone is living a life to be proud of, and filled with Love, and Peace.

By the way,..I Still Love my Short hair;

My almost inverted, more angle Bob stlye compliments my features.

I love the fullness, and softness, and the confidence I feel.

The better we feel about ourselves, even with great hair, we can be better for others. I have strong beliefs in Jesus. It's ok if some people don't, I pray for all people. Thanks, and May God Bless You All!

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 7:07am

Katie

Why Do ladies want to cut their hair short? Some just can't handle it long. Well this past weekend that was my wifes excuse. At the end of the day her and her girlfriend came into the shop after a long shopping day and they both wanted their hair cut the same way. My wifes  hair was almost one lengt just about down to the bottom of her ear. She could not handle her bangs always in her face they were chin lenght. O course my question was "what will it be today Annie". When she said tapper the back and side tight and  short and about one inch on top and texturize everything I asked why. She cannot handle long hair and she said that she feels more profesional with her job. So I gave her a very short haircut. I asked her friend Jill if the same was in store for her and she said of cousre so. Jill was in a grow out stage from a spiral perm. She just need a change and all the perm cut out so it will be healthy again. Jill added "cutting her hair short is a way that most express themselfs along with having the guts to do it. Most of the time you hear I'm afraid to gett it cut short, or my husband does not like short hair and will be upset with me". My wife loves short hair and loves her new old cut again. She asked that it never gets long again. As for her friend this was the first time for short hair. I felt so bad when I was cutting the back and had her lower her chin so I can buzz the back off she said "I hope this looks good". I then asked Are you sure? Need I say more, she was so happy with the new look I even got a hug Katie some day I am sure you will do the inverted bob style. One thing I must say I do enjoy cutting short hair rather than a long past the shoulder one lenght style. Why do ladies with long hair have it in a PONYTAIL most of the time. Katie I hope that you and your have a very Happy Easter and everybody else out there also. If i knew how to post a picture i would show you the wifes cut. O'well some day I will figure this out.

Enjoy Life Every Day.

Mike

katay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 7:30am

Hi Mike!

I think most women(and some girls) feel just like myself and your wife and her friend. It feels better to have a fresh start.

Ofcourse for some women short hair signifies confidence and/or professional attitudes. I remember when I was age 23 yr.s(12 years ago) I went from just below the shoulder length to seeing a picture of Wynnona Ryder(in Vogue magazine) and instantly I wanted short(pixie) hair. So I cut it myself, then I colored my natural redhair a rich brunnette.

My co workers were WOWED! Except one lady, and I didn't care, I was so confident and Happy with my new "Look".

So that's part of the reason now I have short hair. I want to recapture my "Glory days" (if you will).

I have a pretty face, nice smile, and I love the natural redhair of mine, but shorter, and so does Steve my Husband!;)

Thank you for always being so professional, and personable too!

Take care, and God Bless You and Yours,...

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 11:21am
Mike, I want your life ... but for now, I'll live vicariously through you.  Thanks for the story about your wife and her friend; very exciting.
HAWG
katay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 2:47pm

Hey,

What about me?, LOL, kidding.;)

So anyway,...It's the 21st century(if anyone hasn't noticed). I hate the fact that anyone feels the need to get hair extensions. Just buy a nice wig. I know, I've seen some cool wigs, and it's fun. But most of all, I love my Bob style, my own hair!!!

I'm eating even healthier, and I don't want to add streaks of pink to my hair, like I use to.

I might get a diamond nose stud. My Husband thinks that that would detract from my natural beauty, awww he's sooo sweet!

At least I hate tatoos, as does my husband!

I'm venting, sorry.

Other reasons to love short hair, You can be unique in various ways. I feel much better with fun short hair than complicated, long hair.

I'm sooo low maintence. I'm naturally pretty, so why all the hair, my face doesn't need hiding!!!

Ok, all for now,

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
katay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 7:26am

Hi all!

I personally think people who never want short hair(like my twin sister Barb) are wimps!

Forgive me, but That's how I feel.

I mean just think how much more fun life would be for the long haired crowd. No more constant worrying about tangles, and hours washing, conditioning, drying, styling, ugh, boring, and tiresome process!!!

I have a almost inverted Bob style, and I look feminine, but it's easy to maintane.

I love how my shorter hair accentuates my high cheekbones, and nice green eyes too!;)

I feel just as pretty now, than with long hair, in fact alot better.

It's ironic, because from end of 2003 through 2005, I felt I needed long hair in order to look and feel my best.

Boy was I wrong!

Now I feel totally confident sporting a nice Bob style!

Thanks,..

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 7:51am

Katie

Here is a follow up to my wifes friend. Jill stopped over last night for coffee and wow has she got the compliments in that how much younger she looks, She has pretty blue eyes with dark brown hair and yes she loves her new  look. She feels that she has more self esteem. The question asked most of her is why did you cut your long hair short? As she say's she always wanted to try it but was afraid.Her haircut is not exactly like my wifes its more of a bowl cut thats tapperd so she does not have any weight line. She admits that she was afraid but after wacthing Annie get her haircut Jill said she was ready and trusted me. The best surprise was Jill's boyfriend when he saw her the first time. He was in love with her new look and asked her never to grow long hair again. She was surprised when it was done and she  looked at the floor. She did not think that much hair was on her head. I told her the dark hair is yours and the blonde hair was my wifes.  I admit that I was even a little afraid cutting her hair because of the length. Oh well another satisfied client. Have a Happy Easter and remember what it's all about. 

Mike

Edited by mikecuts
katay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 8:20am

Thank You Mike for your post!

God Bless You, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Yes Easter is not about bunnies and easter eggs and candy. It's about our Lord and Saviour Jesus, who suffered, died on Calvary's cross, and rose for our sins.

God is Love. Jesus was God In the form of Man. But Jesus, is the only way to know and love God, and vice versa.

I thank God for everything and all people, even non Christians. I pray for all. Thanks, Love to You and Blessings forever, pass it along,..

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 7:23pm
Katay,

You don't need to be the anti-"Vlad the Impaler"  If you care, I commented to him on his latest, most extreme remark.  By the same measure, it is not fair for you to accuse long-haired people as you have.  You are welcome to wear your hair however you want.  There is no need to insult people who make different choices for themselves.

Your last post is entirely off topic.  Please adhere to the topic of this forum.

I am closing this thread, but you are welcome to start a new thread, on topic.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic