Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair color is fading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
its_11_11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote its_11_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair color is fading
    Posted: April 08 2006 at 1:57pm

i dyed my hair reddish brown awhile ago and about a month ago, i decided to dye it black because i didnt want to keep dying it anymore. my hair was really dark right after i dyed it. a few days or so after i dyed it, my hair started to turn reddish and now it looks like i have highlights in my hair, but they are partially grown out. does anybody know what i can do to fix this?

Yoshiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 1:10pm
you mighth ave to go to a salon to fix it.  I think you were supposed to use color remover at first and you would have been fine.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 3:16am

yes this does happen when you overlap the dyes.

i mean i had this problem and so did my roomates. we both had dyed our hair red and then we decided to go black again and used black dye.

the reddish color showed back after a few days also.

i think its because asian hair is very porous and after you dyed it it became  more porous and then you dyed it again and it becomes even more porous.

that is why the colour does not stick. if you want dark hair again but afraid for hair damages, use semi permanent or demi permanent color on your hair. it should coated the hair better and will not expand anymore cuticles than it should

ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic