Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lil Kim Reality Show - High Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaveKingSup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaveKingSup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lil Kim Reality Show - High Ratings
    Posted: April 10 2006 at 5:21pm

Lil' Kim Reality Show Becomes Highest Debut In BET History

Usually when you go to prison, people on the outside forget about you. Luckily for Lil' Kim, the work she put in before getting locked down helped keep her name in the mouths of many in the hip-hop industry over the past months.

On Thursday (March 9), her reality show, "Lil' Kim: Countdown To Lockdown," premiered to huge numbers, and became the most-watched series debut in BET's 25-year history, reminding people Kim is not gone yet.

A whopping 1.9 million viewers, nationally, tuned in for the show's debut to watch how the female rapper spent her last 14 days of freedom before reporting to prison for lockdown (see
"Lil' Kim Checks In To Start Serving 366-Day Jail Sentence").

"When we showed the first episode of 'LIL' KIM' to test audiences, we got the highest scores in the history of the company," Reginald Hudlin, BET President of Entertainment, recalled. "So when it became the biggest series debut in the history of the network, I wasn't surprised."

The series was produced by Lil' Kim's Queen Bee Productions and Edmonds Entertainment, which also produced BET's reality series "College Park."

Hudlin is excited about the show's successful debut, and says the final episode will be "even better."

"As powerful as the first episode is, the series finale is even better," said Hudlin. "I'm pleased and relieved that my first new series on BET has become a 'must see' for so many people. I'm grateful to Edmonds Entertainment for delivering another great show for the network, and to the entire team at BET for fantastic work in every department."

Lil' Kim was sentenced to a 366 prison term in July of 2005 (see
"Lil Kim Gets One Year In Prison For Perjury") for lying to a grand jury about her knowledge of a shoot-out in front of Hot 97's New York offices.

— Jay Casteel

http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/71524752/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic