Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

leg make up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
springscherry7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springscherry7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leg make up
    Posted: April 11 2006 at 12:14am

Hi, I was the biggest Tom boy wheni was a child and now im paying for it because i want to wear skirts and dresses but I am aware that my legs have scars on them that are very noticeable. Iam african american and my skin is kind of dry and aliigator-like on my legs so i would like to know what kind of make up to use to cover some of these flaws... shuold i use foundation  or maybe blend in some concealer i dont want to have cakey legs so anyone with a suggestion please help and thanks!

Springs
manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 4:09pm
I like the sally hansen leg makeup...I know some don't like it but I found it works pretty well as long as you don't put lotion on just prior & let it dry real well, I have even used it on my arms & shoulders, since it is aerosol you want to put something down on the ground to catch the over spray. It is water resistant not water proof...be careful when you put clothes on it can leave a make up mark...anyway it is worth a try for special occasions...I know dermablend makes a leg makeup but I have never tried it...
Happy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 10:16pm

If you REALLY want full coverage ...USE DERMABLEND PRODUCTS.  They have all colors and it will stay on all day even in water.  They make a powder to put over it to finish it, but I have always used it without the powder.  The powder to me was not adding anything to it.  It looks great and it will last for YEARS.  Unless you have to cover from head to toe.  I used my little jar for at least two years.

Check it out.  Dermablend is specifically for covering scars. 

*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 6:20pm
Dermablend and Coverblend are the best on the market right now. Not many people have heard about coverblend but here is the link to the site. http://www.neostrata.com/coverblend/ Be sure to check out the Product Comparison Chart. I promise you will love it.

Edited by *~earthangel*~ - June 21 2006 at 6:31pm
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
springscherry7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springscherry7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 1:23pm

thanks ive tried sally hensen and my legs looks like a big makeupstcick id ont like it that well and the color is too orange for my tone but thans i also seen the dermablend at target but you have to custom blend the makeup together to find your shade or at least thats the product i seen and i guess iw as just lazy and didnt buy it but i will check it out next time thanks all!

Springs
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 8:46pm
You're welcome. Good luck finding the product thats right for you.
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 2:41pm
Dermablend at target? really? since when? I know my mom used to use their makeup years ago, but I remember she had to go to the JCpenney Dermablend counter to get it. And i've never seen it at any of my local targets.

Anyway, I would have to agree with the majority. Dermablend is great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic