Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It grew!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cassie_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassie_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It grew!
    Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

That's a plus?    (Well, I know there are fans of "fairy-tale" ends.  I'm just not so much among them -- at least, not to the extent to which my ends taper to nothing).  Anyway, thanks for your compliment, Cassie! 

Your welcome.
1b/1c,M,iii Now:23" Goal:33"
Member of Benign Neglect Club
Memorial for my Uncle: www.acsevents.org/siteapps/personalpage/ShowPage.aspx?c=feIO LOOnGlF&b=1365123&sid=elKYKhPUImI3IcMPJpF
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by cassie_g cassie_g wrote:

And Dave your hair is so pretty. I love how the ends look all wispy.

That's a plus?    (Well, I know there are fans of "fairy-tale" ends.  I'm just not so much among them -- at least, not to the extent to which my ends taper to nothing).  Anyway, thanks for your compliment, Cassie! 
cassie_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassie_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:08pm
Actually denika_s when I made the manupulation my hair had been in a messy bun like thingy and so when I copied a section and pasted it made it look super wavey. It really only has one big wave on the bottom half.

Thank you philosophy girl for accepting my application. Second club that was super easy to get into. The first was high school Gay Straight Alliance. I miss those days.
Memorial for my Uncle: www.acsevents.org/siteapps/personalpage/ShowPage.aspx?c=feIO LOOnGlF&b=1365123&sid=elKYKhPUImI3IcMPJpF
denika_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denika_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:58pm

Hey Cassie.....I think your hair looks great! 

Is the wave natural?

~Den

philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 8:51am

That's application enough.  And your application has been accepted!

(now I just need to print up some membership cards........)

3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)
cassie_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassie_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:38am
Thanks to all of you.

Philosophy Girl, if you would be ever so kind as to point me in the right direction I would like to apply to join the Benign Neglect Club.

And Dave your hair is so pretty. I love how the ends look all wispy.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 6:25pm
Benign neglect, that's for me.

Basically, it's somewhat of a a compromise between simplicity and results.  I consider my routine to be fairly simple, but with reasonably good results.  Comb, brush, shower (wash, condition, rinse w/cool water, diluted vinegar rinse), and comb-out takes a total of about 45 minutes, once every 5-7 days.  Occasionally smooth in a tiny bit of jojoba.  That's about it.

I'm in favor of people choosing whatever routine (effort) works (results) for them.
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 5:53am

Well done Cassie!

The more complicated a routine you have (if it's not your style), and the more you feel burdened by looking after your hair, the more likely you are to get frustrated and chop it all off I think!

I humbly invite you to apply for membership of the Benign Neglect Club

3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 9:13pm
Well done cassie!! You keep up the good work   Nothing wrong with a simple routine, it is obviously working for you!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
cassie_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassie_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 6:40pm
Thanks both of you!
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 4:50pm
Hi there!

I don't do co or any other speciall treatment either except for my cocoa oil that i use on dryed hair. I just stopped airdrying my hair and that all really. I wasch my hair 2/week but i always have.

Congrats on the good results
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 12:24pm
Great news, cassie_g!
cassie_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassie_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 8:02am
In just under a month my hair has grown 1/2". And I have made the decision to just shampoo and condition my hair in that order, nothing special. It worked when I had long hair in the past. And I have better things to do than have a special 'ritual' for washing my hair. It just doesn't work with who I am. Nothing against those of you who do have a special way ie: CWC, COW, etc. In fact I commend you, I would never be able to do it consistently.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic