Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stressed Out About the Health of My Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveya4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stressed Out About the Health of My Hair
    Posted: April 26 2006 at 12:16am
Hello, i have eczema on my scalp, face, and the rest of my body.  The doctor gave me a perscription for some shampoo that totally dried my hair out so i stopped using it.   I currently use, Neutroagena's T gel shampoo, but i carefully apply it to my scalp area.  After i rinse it out, i use a moisturizing shampoo (motions) on my hair.  
Loveya4ever
http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/
xreds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xreds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 7:09am

Thanks for your input everyone!

I actually go to the dermatologist every 3 months. I am not sure if I am being paranoid but with him being White, I feel like he is sometimes oblivious to the needs of my Black hair. I use a shampoo that has done wonders but now I just want my hair to grow in healthy and strong.

Cmesweet, cutting back to cutting out the chemical treatments is definitely something I am exploring. I have not had a relaxer since end of January and will probably be getting braids at the end of this month.

Thanks everyone and please share any thoughts or experiences as you see fit.

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 10:45pm
Oh, yeah, the shealoe may be good for your SKIN, and at the same time help the hair. But talk to your doctor first. I'm not medically trained at all.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 9:52pm
You really need to go to your doctor. If psoriasis is your problem, I would think chemical treatments may worsen the problem. Have you thought about transitioning to natural for a healthier scalp?  It might not solve all of your scalp problems but I'm sure it would certainly cut down on them.  This is more than a moisture problem...this has to be dealt with in the skin.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 9:15pm

I'm not a medical doctor, so you can check with a doctor first.

I've been using shealoe cream (which I bought from www.soapersupplies.com) and it's very moisturizing. I know psoriasas is a form of very drying skin. My son has eczema and this helps his eczema and heals my dry heels better than ANYTHING else I've ever tried.

So, if the big culprit is find moisture for your hair, I would suggest this.

Shealoe is a blend of shea butter and aloe vera.

Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
xreds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xreds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 5:28pm

Help!!!!!!!!

I have psoriasas. It is now under control but I have no hair to show for it.

Over the last three months, my hair has gone from somewhat healthy to shedding all over the place and I have tried it all.

I was taking phyto hair vitamins. I used the entire bottle but I do not think they provided any help in terms of significant growth.

I tried the phyto relaxer after waiting about 3 months for a touch up and a couple of weeks later my hair broke off really badly. I did notice scalp improvement but that was about it.

I am afraid to comb my hair.

Right now my hairdresser gives me a moisture treatment every week along with a trim.

I just want my hair to grow!!!! And I am beyond frustrated.

Are there any people out there that can provide suggestions? Because right now my hair looks a damn mess!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic