Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Blow Dryers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Blow Dryers!
    Posted: April 18 2006 at 7:34pm

I just purchased a blow dryer today, and I'm basically looking for justification for my splurge!

I bought the Conair Infiniti 1875 Tourmaline Ionic Styler (sounds cool huh?)

The website describes it as:

Originally posted by Bed Bath & Beyond Bed Bath & Beyond wrote:

Conair® 1875 Watt Infiniti Ionic Hair Dryer

Now your hair dryer can leave your hair looking healthy and shiny. Ionic dryer with 1875 watts of power has a tourmaline ceramic coated grill to prevent heat damage to your hair. Dryer has 9-foot round professional power cord. Features two speeds, three heat selections, Ions on/off switch and cold shot. Dryer includes concentrator, diffuser and travel pouch. Limited five-year warranty. UL listed. Model # 213.

I plan on using this at most, once a month for my at home blowouts.  I got it for 20% off of $39.99 so what they hey!  Sally's BSS was wanting no less than $55 for a good tourmaline dryer.

What are some of the hair dryers you are using?  If you have better suggestions, let me know, a sistah is good about keeping receipts!

Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:46am
Ion soft bonnet hair dryer- it is tha bomb diggity- it looks like a space alien but it is all that and a bag of chips.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
LadyJay114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyJay114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:28pm

I have a Super Solano 232.  It rocks!

Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by carameldiva carameldiva wrote:

Ion soft bonnet hair dryer- it is tha bomb diggity- it looks like a space alien but it is all that and a bag of chips.

Is that the kind you sit under?

Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

msfcaldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfcaldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 8:55pm
I swear by the Conair IonShine 1875!  Even some of my friends have purchased it since i have been such a fan. Give it a try
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:16pm

Originally posted by msfcaldwell msfcaldwell wrote:

I swear by the Conair IonShine 1875!  Even some of my friends have purchased it since i have been such a fan. Give it a try

yes, I saw that model at BB&B, but apparently, this Infiniti 1875 is the newest model.  Hopefully it will work just as well, if not better than the one you are suggesting.  I hope for the best!

BTW, do you have any pics of your hair after you used your blow dryer?

Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by LadyJay114 LadyJay114 wrote:

is it ceramic??

Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 11:36pm
..I know a lot of ladies note that blow drying is not a good idea, but what if you decide to buy a professional ion dryer like Solano etc.  I've noticed that my hair is a lot less frizzy too with expensive dryers. which is great because I don't spend forever trying to fry my hair as straight as possible.  Which gives an overall better flat iron style...  And I don't like the new Conair dryers or anything they have at Walmart..YOU CAN NEVER FIND ANY ATTACHMENTS THAT FIT.  I don't know about you all but I prefer a comb nozzle, and usually they only include a concentrator.
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 9:06am
oh, believe me, I won't be blow drying every week, if every month!  I bought it because the cost of this blow dryer is the cost of one blowout, which now I can do at home when I want   This is a ceramic, ionic, tourmaline dryer, so I'm trying to be safe as possible.  Also, I'll use a ceramic and tourmaline brush while drying.
Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

LadyJay114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyJay114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Vanity3 Vanity3 wrote:

Originally posted by LadyJay114 LadyJay114 wrote:

is it ceramic??

Its only described as a professional dryer.  Apparently its one of the best brands in the world.

Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 9:33pm
best brands in the world = expensive!  How much of an investment can I expect for a Solano?
Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 3:49pm

I second that!!

Cost $29.99 at Sally's

Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
butterfly73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:57pm

Hello Ladies,

I use the Vidal Sasson 1875W Ionic-Ion/Ceramic Dryer.  I bought it at Target about a year ago.  It was on sale for 12.99, regular price was $24.99.  I like how straight it gets my hair with a roller brush.  I do not go to the salon but to get my relaxers every 7-8 weeks since I have been using the blower dryer.

Carmel Diva,  thanks for sharing your Alien hair dryer.  My hooded dryer is burning out.  I plan to try your BOMB DIGGITY dryer out.

I really enjoy logging on and learning from everyone concerning our hair.

Respectfully,

Shining Always...Humbly awaiting your reply

Butterfly73
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by tffy2004 tffy2004 wrote:

I second that!!

Cost $29.99 at Sally's

It works like a bonnet???  It looks like it fits too close to your head to be a bonnet???

Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 10:42pm

The box looking thing that the girl is holding in the picture pushes the negative Ions (air) up through the helmet to inflate it and it has little holes throughout the inside where the air comes out.

Hope that helped.

Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 11:29pm

T3

Edited by 1hairlover
lovelove

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 11:39pm

I use the featherweight T3 blowdryer, I love it because it really blows a soft heat even my clients notice the different in their hair. It gets really hot so keep it moving, but it is a great dyrer it is tourmaline . I do not use a blowdryer attachment they tear the hair after awhile. I use a ceramic brush are a comb depends of the hair. I used a solano and for 19years and just started with the tourmaline and ceramic. I trying to convert all my metal irons and pressing combs to ceramic, its is so much healther for the clients hair. I like the T3 also because it only weight a pound are some ounces. I suggest this to all the new stylist out there save your arms and wrist and shoulders, and to all the viets, get one take care of what you have left. It aint cute but support shoes,support hose under clothes, rubber mats and get messages it good for the body. Stay healthy

lovelove
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by 1hairlover 1hairlover wrote:

I use the featherweight T3 blowdryer, I love it because it really blows a soft heat even my clients notice the different in their hair. It gets really hot so keep it moving, but it is a great dyrer it is tourmaline . I do not use a blowdryer attachment they tear the hair after awhile. I use a ceramic brush are a comb depends of the hair. I used a solano and for 19years and just started with the tourmaline and ceramic. I trying to convert all my metal irons and pressing combs to ceramic, its is so much healther for the clients hair. I like the T3 also because it only weight a pound are some ounces. I suggest this to all the new stylist out there save your arms and wrist and shoulders, and to all the viets, get one take care of what you have left. It aint cute but support shoes,support hose under clothes, rubber mats and get messages it good for the body. Stay healthy

Sounds great, who makes it?

Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 1:43am
Just go on line and type in t3 blowdryer and you see alot of companies sell it now. I not sure who the manufactor is , I would have to look tomorrow.
lovelove
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic