Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Hair Moisturizer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 7:56am

Originally posted by tffy2004 tffy2004 wrote:

Yeah that's the one I have Goya and I have two freakin' cans left.  Don't think I'm just gone let them go to waste either I'll mix them with something.  What brand do you get usually?  If it just happens to come to you, PM me and let me know.

Ok, I'll let you know tomorrow because I gotta pick some more up.  I can't remember the name for nothing but it smells good.  I picked up a Goya can just to see what it smelled like but now I dont want to use it.  I hear people describe it as having a fishy smell.  Maybe you can add some EO's to it.

Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

Originally posted by Sharon71 Sharon71 wrote:

Thanks so much Tffy and  for posting the ingredients. It sounds like a really good moisturizer and worth a try!

Sharon it is so worth a try!  My hair is still soft and it's been 2 days.  I can't beleive how soft it is.  The smell dosen't bother me at all.  It smells way better than Carefree Curl.  I used it on my freshly washed hair and braided it up.....even the braids were soft, lol.  Let us know if you try it.

Hey Pokahontas,

I experienced to same thing I was amazed at how soft my braids were they even looked longer and when I braided them all the way down to the end it didn't unraval and I didn't have to use any bands to hold it.  This is the best moisturizer I have ever used.

I know!  I wore my hair out today in a ponytail puff and seriously my hair felt soft like cotton!  This stuff is the truth!

OT....did you ever do the coconut milk soak?  I meant to pm you on BHM.

Well i went to the store after work with my eager beaver self and i got a big bottle of the Scurl 710ML and 50% extra free too!

Ladies you are soooo spot on . I sprayed on my hair and wow my hair is so soft . The major test will be when i wash my hair and try to put the comb through it , If it works then i'm sold too! Nice one ladies

Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 9:43am

Thanks so much Tffy and  for posting the ingredients. It sounds like a really good moisturizer and worth a try!

Sharon it is so worth a try!  My hair is still soft and it's been 2 days.  I can't beleive how soft it is.  The smell dosen't bother me at all.  It smells way better than Carefree Curl.  I used it on my freshly washed hair and braided it up.....even the braids were soft, lol.  Let us know if you try it.

Hey Pokahontas,

I experienced to same thing I was amazed at how soft my braids were they even looked longer and when I braided them all the way down to the end it didn't unraval and I didn't have to use any bands to hold it.  This is the best moisturizer I have ever used.

I know!  I wore my hair out today in a ponytail puff and seriously my hair felt soft like cotton!  This stuff is the truth!

OT....did you ever do the coconut milk soak?  I meant to pm you on BHM.

Well i went to the store after work with my eager beaver self and i got a big bottle of the Scurl 710ML and 50% extra free too!

Ladies you are soooo spot on . I sprayed on my hair and wow my hair is so soft . The major test will be when i wash my hair and try to put the comb through it , If it works then i'm sold too! Nice one ladies

Yay!  I"m glad you liked it.  I'm getting the big bottle next because i"m lovin' it!

Good&Thick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good&Thick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 1:15pm
Pro-line comb thru Lite Creme Moisturizer Hair and Scalp Conditioner.... it works very well it moisturizes your hair and help promote growth it's excellant..... my hair grew fast using this product!!!
Trying to break through the struggles that life brings
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 7:42pm
so is this s-curl thing only for natural hair?? will it make my hair look like the "soul glow" ppl on Coming to America?? cuz that is not cute!!! also, do u have to avoid using heat or resting yur head becuz it leaves a wet spot? i would luv 2 try this but i nedd sum more details ladiesEmbarrassed. and is the brand just called s-curl??
Good&Thick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good&Thick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 8:54pm
Well I use Pro-Line Comb Thru Moisturizer and it feel good to my hair it adds moisture and conditions....while promoting growth!!!! It's great!!!!
Trying to break through the struggles that life brings
xstacy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xstacy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 4:01pm
I also use scurl
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 1:05pm
I LOVE S CURL TO TAME FRIZINESS. IT REALLY WORKS AND IT DOES MAKE YOUR HAIR SO SOFT. i AM ALSO SOLD ON oJON MOISTURIZER. nO ONLY DOES IT MAKE MY HAIR SOFT AND FRIZZ FREE IT GIVES IT A GREAT SHINE!
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 9:46pm
I use a diluted s-curl c*cktail to moisturize my braids but daily I love either Neutrogena, Salerm21, or Giovanni direct.
Hair album
pw:Romeo
yellow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 12:02pm
i need help!!!!!!!!! i want to know if there is a leave in conditioner that works as good as lacio lacio.  if any knows of any PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
Aggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2007 at 12:38pm
I like glycerin and water as my moisture based moisturizer with a 50/50 mixture in a spray bottle. I mist it on lightly and my hair gets so incredibly soft. My favorite protein moisturizer is cantu break cure and cantu grow strong.

I just ordered lacio lacio and salerm 21 but they haven't arrived as yet, so we'll see how my hair respond to them. I wanted to try these because they are a mixture of both moisture and protein.
Bahama Mama...Enjoyed my stay, but He'll take me away like a thief in the night!! I'm ready now Lord, so take me by surprise.
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 4:11pm
i've recently use care free curl gold activator with no problem but i'm leaning more into buying scurl next time

bump!
GoodyGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodyGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2007 at 7:36pm
I really like Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter!LOL
Sugar,Spice&everything nice!
cherieAmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherieAmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 11:08pm
Just thought I would share soulfulbeauty.com.  If you do a search for hair moisturizer you will find a nice selection of quality products to use, most with lots of product reviews.  The site is fairly new so stop by often for updates.  Please if you've tried any of the products listed leave your reviews for others looking for healthy hair solutions.

Wink
Need help choosing and using the right products for ethnic hair?
visit => http://www.soulfulbeauty.com for honest consumer reviews.
MissHairGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 8:20pm
I use S Curl Moisturizer and African Pride Braid Spray.  I place CHI Silk Infusion on the ends to tame them. 
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:24am

QB Alma & Olive Heavy Cream, Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner, & Paul Mitchell “The Conditioner”

Alexsandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexsandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 9:59pm
I use Fantasia Leave-In Moisturizer.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 1:22am
Umm s curl activator may work.

Sometimes mixing gels with a hair lotion will bring out your coils/curls.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic