Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howdy Cowboy’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
buck7583 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buck7583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy Cowboy’s
    Posted: April 20 2006 at 10:55am

Howdy Cowboy's;

I wanted to introduce myself; my name is Buck and I am 50 years old, and wish to lighten my hair, and I am lost as to all the different products out there, a little about me,

I am Gay and have a boyfriend we love each other very much, I am retired and Charlie works at the VA (Veterans Administration) I stay at home allot and have a great deck outside, and I love to tan, I live in Florida so Tanning is just part of the syndrome here, I have a very dark tan and complection, my hair is short, about 1 1/2 inch long, it used to be light blond most of my life, but in the last 20 years it has become a light brown, I wish to have my hair blond for the summer, I have never done anything like this before, so where do I start? I definitely don't want to screw it up, not that it couldn't grow back out later, but like I said it's light brown now, and I want it to be blond to reflect my nice tan, and to just change the usual ho hum, same ole' same ole'.

I believe I want a perminate hair color, or lack of color, seems there are lightening products that range in price from $7.00 dollars to $40.00 dollars, what do I need to do here?  can I do this at home?  will lightening my hair make it weird? my hair is very thin, Not Balding thin! but just light weight, I have a full head of hair, but I just keep it short like a military cut style, do I look for a peroxide? Bleach? product, CHRIST! I don't know what the heck I am doing here HELP!!!!!

Thanks.....Love Bucky

Bucky
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 8:20am
Hi Buck,
Lightening your hair will make a little more of it fall out, as any chemical treatment will, but if your hair is normal and not thinning as you say it should not be a problem.  You can do it at home if you prefer, its a lot cheaper to do it yourself with stuff from the beauty supply shop.  (Don't go to the drugstore and get stuff there because you don't know what bases are in those colors, and you may wind up with orange surprise).  You will need to go to a beauty supply shop like Sally and get hair bleach to bleach your hair to the yellow stage (pale yellow if you want it to be very light).  Then you can use a violet toner over that to counter the yellow and make it a more natural blonde (violet is across from yellow on the color wheel, that's why it needs to be violet).  Everything should have instructions on it, and the people that work there should be able to help you if you have any questions about specific products.  Good luck, blond is fun!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic