Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got the base color right...now what?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got the base color right...now what?
    Posted: April 20 2006 at 12:23pm
Well after a week and 3 attempts at coloring (including a colorfix treatment), my hair is finally the color and tone I want it to be before I put in some highlights.  Since I finally got the brassy tones out of my hair I really would like to avoid having to tone my highlights after processing if at all possible.  Is there a product I can use that will bleach and tone my highlights at the same time?  My base color is a neutral dark-medium blonde and I would like light neutral blonde highlights. 

Edited by sarytyr
Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 12:34pm
well since you are in a different country than I'm so I cant give You product names but I have to advice You to leave Your hair alone for a while before highlights and deep condition cause your hair will be so fragile to bleach now
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 3:12pm

Thanks Wild-Kitty.  Yeah, my hair has been through a lot but I have been doing deep conditioning after each treatment and leave-ins at night. Although it has been processed quite a bit, my hair seems in good shape and the strands have good strength and elasticity (especially for fine hair).  The amount of highlights I plan on doing are very few but I must get some in so that my hair will blend well with some extensions I will be putting in this weekend.

KarenNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 8:38pm
Hi Sarytyr,

I use Clairol Instant Whip.

My all-over color is 7N.  I highlight with Instant Whip (just the bottle of instant whip, activator crystal packets, and developer - no toner afterward) and have always been happy with the results.  The directions say to use 1-3 packets of activators.  I've had the best results using 3.

The Instant Whip will lighten up to 5 levels.  There are other products in that line using the same crystals which lighten at various other levels (7th Stage, etc.) but I haven't used any of those.  [Correction:  I used the Born Blonde creme lightener from that line on my neighbor's daughter's hair last summer, without any additional toner.  It worked beautifully.]

Good luck!

Karen

Edited by KarenNJ
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 12:17am
Thanks, Karen!

Edited by sarytyr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic