Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my asian hair thickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nuruki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuruki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my asian hair thickness
    Posted: April 21 2006 at 3:26am

i know this might be discussed a few times, but im an asian guy with thick hair.

i've been growing my hair out, and the hair on my sides stand out. i thought that as my hair grew out, it would go down. but i was wrong, as my thick hair makes it stand outwards. the hair all around my head also stands because of it's thickness.

im a little new to this, so i don't really know what to do with my hair.d i've tried gelling it down a few times, doesn't look good.

every morning in the shower, i use a neutrogena anti-dandruff, and then i use a shampoo + conditioner. after i blow dry my hair.

so what can i do/stop doing to make my hair thinner, or not stand up?

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 3:52am

you can grow it longer...

longer hair will eventually weigh the hair down, just be patient

you can relaxed it.....

relaxed with a hair straightner chemicals, these chemicals soften hair shaft, it works with most asian hair.

use cream instead of gel....

gel will make your hair stiff, cream will soften it.

ARGHH
nuruki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuruki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 9:48pm

thanks i'll try it out

so if i use cream, can i stylize my hair so that the hair won't stick together like spikes, but will stay seperate?

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 6:39pm

You can try. Maybe comb it while you're working on it, so that the hair doesn't clump.

HTH
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Yoshiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:28am
I dont think there's much you can do about it other than the advice everyone said. my hair used to be long and thick and I wanted it soft, but the only thing you can do is condition it a lot but when it gets dry it will be hard again.
nuruki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuruki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:41am
yeah, i condition it too and it gets real soft, and then it gets dry again. i guess the only real thing i can do is wait a few months. my hair won't weigh straight down like i want it do, but it'll go down i guess
misslou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 6:45pm
worse comes to worse, you can get extensions to the length you want and only worry about your "real" hair which is just a few inches around your face.
what I'm wearing: 1 pkg 18" DLux SS #2 and protac
sk8ers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8ers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 7:56pm

don't worry ,i'm also a asian with thick hair. i also have the same problem as you last year.....it looks really ugly when it stands out at the side, but wait a few more months, then it will go down. now i like my hair, it really fit my style , i will never cut my hair short again.

nuruki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuruki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 9:48pm
o god
my mom convinced me to go thin out my hair
after i did it, it looked HORRIBLE
the guy gave me wax to style it with
but its just horrible
i should've never even thought about doing this..
now i have to wait for it to grow out again if it even grows out the same way
it really looks like it's just been cut shorteri shoulda listened to ya
the thick hair actually looked really nice
it stuck out in the back, and the sides werent really sticking out anymore
but yeah.. i don't have to repeat how horrible it really looks

note to people wanting to grow out their hair: NEVER THIN IT!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic