Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help mee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
love-loving View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love-loving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help mee
    Posted: April 21 2006 at 9:09pm

i posted this in the general forum not sure if it was the rite place so ill paste and repost it here:( sorry but i need help

really worried here.. im 18 and recently over the last year or so my hair growth has slowed down greatly
in fact i cut my hair spikey about 3 months ago and it hasnt grown an iota
i went to the doctor and he said as im only 18, and its not exactly genetic as everyone in my family has a full head of hair :) that its probably just a problem with my diet so i stopped eating hunhealthy food, cut out the excess caffeine and stuff like that,
started taking zinc iron copper folic acid kelp all the vitamins which are suposed to make hair grow naturally and helathy and 2 and a half monhts later still no luck its just not growing

im scared as anything this isnt hair loss its just not growing
i cant understand what is wrong as my hair was growing really fast until a year ago i dont know whats wrong as my arm and facial hair when it grows seems to be normal rate as i have to shave every day

can somebody please please help me what is wrong?
if it was the worst comes to worst that it was hair loss (which ive been asured it probably isnt) then there wud be patches but there isnt..its just not growing any more than spikey length when till a year ago it wud grow really thick and long..and hair doesnt just stop like tat especially at 18 when growth hormones are raging through the body.

in short ive tried every natural vitamin there is, ive made sure ive got a healthy diet,.... tried all the massage and lukewarm daily rinses plus still nothing.. please can somebody help me :(

thanks a lot

hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 11:20am
My hair usually grows quickly as well, but last year I got mono, was sick for months, and it stopped growing. I am slowly getting better and my hair is finally growing again. I have noticed that my hair grows the most in spring and summer, and slows down quite a bit in the fall. 
love-loving View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love-loving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 3:25pm

hunny what is mono

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 7:33pm
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 3:15am
    did you damage your hair alot and it is breaking off before it has a chance to grow? I once had VERY short hair and took BIOTIN a vitamin that is supposed to enhance hair health,and I think it really helped. Also,maybe some fish oil  capsle vitamins. I know it sounds gross but it has alot OMEGA FATTY ACIDS which are good for hair.
I dont think you should worry so much,as you said,you are only 18,and hairloss is VERY unlikely and rare exspecially if no one in your family has any.
Sometimes it just SEEMS that hair isnt growing because it's so short. Try taking a picture of it now and a month from now and see if there's a difference. Hair only grows 1/4 -1/2 inch a month which isnt much.
If your hair is really damaged (do you color it although it's pixie? Bleach?) it may break off before you see the growth. In which case you need to use some products with PROTEIN in them. You could buy a recontructing conditioner such as NEXUS or try a weekly treatment of protein filler.

Edited by julesyjul88 - September 15 2006 at 3:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic