Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fat Vs. Muscle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fat Vs. Muscle
    Posted: April 23 2006 at 7:15pm
I have been wondering for quite a while now about the topic about muscle versus fat. I play for a highly competitive volleyball team and needless to say, I have gained a lot of muscle around my thighs. I also have a large butt and apparently its muscle from what I am told. The thing is, I can only really tell its muscle when I am flexing it or in particular for my thigh, leaning on one leg. When I sit, all of it sort of spreads out like it is fat or something. Does this mean that there is extra fat layers between my muscle? I would absolutely LOVE to know, mainly because I want to work for a smaller butt, but don't want to make it bigger with more muscle (God knows I already have to get bigger jeans for the backside )

Thank You

Edited by palikane - August 13 2006 at 12:16am
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 9:59pm
I guess nobody has go an answer...I guess I'll just wing it and see if I get any good results.
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 2:11am

no there is no extra fat layer between the muscle only on top of. The thing I’ve noticed with a lot of female athletes usually in sports where the run and jump a lot they have muscular lower regions. This helps with the usual daily pounding and helps them compete. a nice backside doesn’t hurt  but if you want to get ride of most of the excess fat. Eat mostly veggies and include a nice amount of protein and good carbs because you use them a lot being an athlete.

Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 2:22am
be proud of ur booty.

Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 8:43pm
yea god put  it there 4 a reason
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 1:36am
especially a nice 1 cuz.

Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 11:41am
lol^
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:46pm
Well, I used to play Volley-ball too and can tell you while it does burn alot of calories it doesn't build a tremendous amount of muscle. And I used to play alot! Almost everyday, sometimes two games in one day. And practice like crazy. Yes it will tone you more and keep your weight in check(I was a stick when I played), but just like you say, you will only be able to see the muscle when you flex it some how. The volley-ball players you see, that have alot of muscle definition don't get it like that by just playing. They have major exercise routines. Like Gabrielle Reese. She works out like crazy. And does alot of strenght training. So if your thighs are kind of spreading when you sit down, that is a combination of fat and flacid skin. So yes, exercise will get your butt smaller as well as your thighs if that is what you want. strength training vitamins and amino acids should take care of that. Plus it will really improve your performace when playing.
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 12:15am
Wow..I haven't been to this topic in a while...Thanks SharyG for your explanation. Also...thanks for all the compliments on people with junk in the trunk...haha 
Heavenseventeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenseventeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 11:30am
People pay thousands for a bigger bum...I would enjoy what nature/God/my parents gave me for free.
Dance? I Am! And I'm Flying Too...
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 5:18pm
yeah...i don't know...i guess i just get a lot of comments that don't seem all too positive at volleyball for the buttt
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 9:58pm
Those are probably from the jelous flat butted girls LOL!!! Don't pay attention to them.
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Chi-Town_Boy Chi-Town_Boy wrote:

Yeah he put it there for me just kidding do more leg abductions, early mornings, and dumbell lunges to tighten up the whole area you can look those excercises up on google any other questions send me a message I'm in the coast guard and i'm also certified as a personal trainer.

Waves(2001-Present)
meech313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meech313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by jamaicakid85 jamaicakid85 wrote:

Originally posted by Chi-Town_Boy Chi-Town_Boy wrote:

Yeah he put it there for me just kidding do more leg abductions, early mornings, and dumbell lunges to tighten up the whole area you can look those excercises up on google any other questions send me a message I'm in the coast guard and i'm also certified as a personal trainer.

cosign
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic