Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Powder/foundation for fair skin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tinymom05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinymom05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powder/foundation for fair skin?
    Posted: April 26 2006 at 9:42am
i am pale white and i am still looking for a good foundation/powder. I have undereye circles and a little scar from a pimple so i dont need real heavy coverage but maybe enough coverage to cover my undereye circles but i don't want the makeup to look cakey. I have tried dermablend which was too heavy for me and cakey. I have tried maybelline purestay and it is a little dark even in ivory. It seems either it's too cakey or not the right color. I am using L'oreal truecolor and it doesnt cover well for me. I was thinking of trying clinique or mary kay or something and going to the mall to have someone match my skincolor but worry i will waste my money cause it will either be cakey or wrong color. If there is someone with very light skin and if you know of something that gives good coverage and not cakey if you can give me some suggestions before i waste more money. Thanks!
DazzlingChick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DazzlingChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 8:34pm
I myself have fair skin too, and I understand exactly how you feel.  I have found that most brand concealers are too dark for me at times.  I have found Covergirl trublend foundation.  It works wonderfully for me.  It is light and smooth.  It is really easy to match to you skin also.  The texture is different that most foundations.  It is not as much of a liquid, as if it is whipped.  I hope this helps you out.
~*DazzlingChick*~
dearcole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dearcole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:14am

i'm a natural redhead and i stay extremely pale white all year long. i've had the same exact  problem  looking for makeup as well.
I know how you feel as well.

In high school i wanted to cover up my freckles (which i have grown to love) so i got Origins in Porcelin.
the shade matched perfectly, it gave me the coverage i wanted to hide freckles. But it is a little cakey.  love it for night time, low lighting, but its too much for day time light.

I also splurged on M.A.C.'s loose powder in their fairest color. Not translucent (i wouldn't reccomend translusent powder for all over coverage for anyone).  This powder is nice to cover and set concealer. The powder is silky soft, very fine which goes on fantastically. For day time, i use a light dusting over concealer and it looks lovely.

Also, i have tried Covergirl liquid foundations, a few years ago. i didn't really like how cakey it was or how there weren't many color choices. They have improved the variety of choices though.

hope this helped!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 12:28am
I could use a good extra-pale concealer over here!  Even the lightest ones I can find in the stores are too dark :-( .  I use the concealer to cover a scar at the top of my chest, but it never matches, especially under bright or fluorescent light.
More awesome than a manatee!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 9:04pm
I have very light skin and use Cover Girl fragrance-free Clean Make-up 210  classic ivory.  I don't know if it will work for you, but I love it!  The only problem is that it doesn't have any sun protection in it, but if you use sunscreen underneath it, the foundation is very light, both in color and texture.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic