Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update on Jennifer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update on Jennifer
    Posted: May 09 2006 at 5:45pm
I'm with Susan W on the clarifying.  I use a diluted vinegar rinse after S&C.  (I have hard water and the rinse serves to remove residue from the S&C and the hard-water).  Jennifer's hair looks great - thanks for sharing the photo collage!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 7:48am
Just regular mayo.  I saw a discussion in another thread about using low fat or the fully loaded stuff.  I don't think fat free or light would work as well since it's the oils and proteins that are good for the hair.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 5:40pm
Jennifer's hair looks gorgeous.  Do you use regular mayo or special hair mayo? 
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 11:44am
Good to know mayo can have such a good effect, even with clarifying and vinegar.  Thanks!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 8:28pm

Originally posted by tdouty tdouty wrote:

We haven't trimmed since around October of last year.  At that time, I trimmed about 3-4" of nasty ends.  Her hair was in a very defined "V" at the time and I trimmed it into more of a "U" shape.  You can see the difference between the Jul, 2005 and Oct, 2005 pics.  I think the Oct picture was taken a day or two after I trimmed it.  We're hoping to go all of this year without a trim.

BTW, I LOVE your april, 2006 picture missrini!  Your hair looks incredible! 

Thanks   I'm trimming today....so I'll have to post an update pic!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 1:21pm
An hour is probably enough, but a couple hours is better.  It goes on like mayo, but will turn oily after the heat from your hands and head heat it up.  I usually work it into the scalp area and the length of her hair and bring the length up on top of her head once in a while to a warmer area to get it to dissolve.  Once it's consistently oily, we put the length of her hair up on her head and wrap saran wrap around her head and then a towel to keep the heat in.  I enjoy messing with her hair this way and the results are well worth the time.  
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 12:32pm
Her hair looks wonderful.  Am curious - how long do you keep the mayo on the hair?

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 7:26am
We have been using vinegar rinses (probably about 3-4 TBSP diluted in water) about once a week and use clarifying conditioner about once every two weeks.  When we do this, we do this first thing after wetting her hair.  I'm not sure what causes it, but the mayo does fix it for whatever reason.  For washes (about every 2-3 days), we use V05 Strawberries and Cream with water for the cleansing.  Rinse.  I then use Suave Humectant with water.  Both these applications are on the scalp and length.  Rinse and then Pantene deep conditioner full-strength on the length and we let it stay on her hair until we're done in the shower and rinse with cool water. Squeeze with a towel and comb it out.  She curls her bangs, but the length hasn't seen a blow-drier more than about 2-3 times in the last year and she doesn't touch the length with a curling iron.

Thanks for the compliments on her smile.  I love her smile too :-).

Edited by tdouty
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 7:16am
We haven't trimmed since around October of last year.  At that time, I trimmed about 3-4" of nasty ends.  Her hair was in a very defined "V" at the time and I trimmed it into more of a "U" shape.  You can see the difference between the Jul, 2005 and Oct, 2005 pics.  I think the Oct picture was taken a day or two after I trimmed it.  We're hoping to go all of this year without a trim.

BTW, I LOVE your april, 2006 picture missrini!  Your hair looks incredible! 

Edited by tdouty
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 7:11am
You know, it sounds to me like your occasional problem may be fixed with vinegar.  You didn't mention it, and I don't remember if you tried vinegar rinses in the past, but it sounds like it either gets dry/dull from product buildup or minerals in the water maybe, then the mayo fixes it not only because its a great moisturizer, but because it contains vinegar and does a slight clarifying.  I think that because you say the oil alone didn't help so it must not be the mayo's moisturizing effect that fixes this.   Either way, mayo is great, its just that vinegar is quicker if you ever don't want to spend the time on the mayo.

Thanks for sharing all the photos, Jennifer's pretty smile makes her glow as much as her hair glows!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 7:51pm

Hey tdouty....Jen's hair is looking AWESOME!!  It looks like a silky shawl in that last pic on the 'puter    Her hair is obviously LOVING Co washing and the Mayo.  When was her last trim?

Keep up the GREAT work!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 3:08pm
Hello everyone.  We've just been lurking for a while and haven't really had much time to post.  The job has been keeping me busy and evenings have been tied up with baseball and soccer practice and games for 4 of our kids.  With all the updated pictures floating around, I thought it was time to put out something new from Jennifer.  We've been primarily doing CO on her hair and it's looking very nice and very long.  About 2 weeks ago, her hair was looking extremely dry and fuzzy and not sleek at all.  We tried soaking her dry hair in conditioner or oil, but nothing was helping ... not even threatening her hair to be chopped.  That almost always makes it spruce up!  We hadn't done a mayo treatment for several months; whereas, we used to do them at least once a month.  We did one treatment with mayo and WA-LA --- incredibly great hair again the next day.  We had forgotten just how great her hair becomes with mayo.  It's been about 2 weeks, and we're thinking about doing it again in a few days.  If you haven't tried it based on the mayo thread below, you really need to give it a try.  Anyway, glad to see so many picture updates; everyone's hair is looking great!!

Edited by tdouty

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic