Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone else tried Biolustre?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Keyfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keyfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone else tried Biolustre?
    Posted: May 02 2006 at 10:31pm
Hi there everyone!
I just have a quick question for y'all...have any of you every heard of/tried biolustre?  its a hair repair therapy that you put on your hair and it repairs your hair with some sort of polymer that is chemically similar to what hair is made of. 

so anyways, i bought some online awhile ago.  then i dyed my normally med. brown hair dk. red, then medium red. then i decided to try and bleach it blonde (bad choice--it turned orange, of course!) soooo....i used demi-perm to try and darken it to red, didn't work, tried again, didn't work again.  so i permanantly dyed it brownish red (looked really bad on me) and then dark dark chocolate cherry color that i now have and love it! (btw, this all happened over like 2 weeks)
so yeahhh.....hahha my hair was preeety dry and frizzy.

so obviously my hair was incredibly crappy now.  well, i remembered i had the Biolusture stuff, so i used it (you put it on your hair and then dry it until its hard, then wash like 200 times to get it out ;)) and i do believe it actually worked!!  my hair is pretty much compleltely normal now!

so i'm just wondering if anyone else has tried it, and the results?  i've heard that some salons offer the treatment for like $200 but it doesn't cost that much if you buy it online and do it yourself!

so i'm just wondering if
DulcieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DulcieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 4:13pm

Hi

I have read a few posts regarding Biolustre on these forums, this one springs to mind mostly http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39918& amp;KW=biolustre

This lady was very impressed by this product. I have never used it myself so I cannott comment.

becci_boo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becci_boo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2006 at 10:16am
can you buy this is the uk?

ocstudent10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocstudent10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 11:03pm
Not worth it.

Edited by ocstudent10 - October 27 2011 at 3:26pm
debitraub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debitraub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 5:47pm
I agree with OC Student. I ordered this product in January. Head office gave me lame excuses that it wasn't shipped. Called to report them to my credit card company and lo and behold the package showed up almost 8 weeks after I placed the order ! Anyway, I tried it and I can tell you that it it did make my hair softer but so will any good conditioner. I will see how my highlights look after I get them done. If it saves my hair from further frying it was worth it !!
botox.barn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botox.barn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 1:05am
I was googling Biolustre and problems with customer service because I had the exact thing happen to me. I just registered, just so I can reply to this.
You guys are lucky, I didn't receive neither the product nor a refund.
Here's a copy of my latest email to them explaining the situation. They still haven't replied. This whole process is going on over 2 months now and I don't know what to do Cry

"Hello,
my name is B.B.
-On 2.1.2008 I ordered the Biolustre home kit from your website.
-On 2.8.2008 you charged my credit card for $79.90
-On 2.22.2008 it still did not arrive and I called the phone number listed on your website. They said to wait a few more days.
-On 3.1.2008 I called again and they said they had problems with web orders and they would issue me a refund within 2 weeks. (if I hadn't called, I would have never known there were website problems and no one would have notified me I was never to receive my product - very unprofessional of Biolustre).
-On 3.18.2008 I called again because I did not get my refund yet. They told me to wait a few more days. I asked to talk to a supervisor and left her a message and she never bothered calling me back - extremely rude.
-Today is 3.24.2008 and it is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that I did not receive my refund yet. Is your business some kind of scam? Do I need to call the better business bureau over this? I certainly hope not, but I will if I have to.
All I want is either a refund or the product. You already charged me for it, so if it is that difficult to issue me a refund, just mail me the product already. You charged my credit card on 2.8.2008 for $79.90, which also covers the shipping. I am entitled to what I paid for.
-Today is 3.29.2008. You have not responded to my 1st email, so I am sending you a second one.

This is very very aggravating to me and totally unprofessional of your company. I saw advertisements of Biolustre on Extra and other TV shows and because of that I trusted that you were an honest company. I am very disappointed.

Best Regards"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botox.barn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 1:47pm
ocstudent10 and debitraub,
I FINALLY got my Biolustre!!! Here's how it happened:

1. Short version:
Called the phone number on their website (866-246-4247), pressed #1, talked to Mike and explained the situation. He shipped my package over night and I just got it yesterday.

2. Long version:
Called the phone number on their website (866-246-4247), pressed #3 for order status, talked to Judy. She confirmed that my order was canceled (which I already knew) and said to call 800-726-5513. She said it was a new number that is handling the problems with the web orders.

Called the new number and talked to Indiana. I explained the whole story once again and she put me on hold while verifying my info. She confirmed that I was in the system, but in another part of the system that she does not have access to. She gave me a number to call (surprise huh?) and it ended up being the same number from the website (where I called and talked to Judy 15 minutes earlier)

So, I call the number from the website again, ready to yell at them coz I'm so frustrated by now, but I decide to press #1 instead of #3 this time. (#1 is for salons that order it, not for individual home orders) just to see what will happen. A guy named Mike answers the phone, he was extremely pleasant and understanding of the situation. He explained that their system is set up to enter everything manually (when someone orders on the internet, a person has to both type it into the system and run the creditcard - it is not an automatic process). So there are many mistakes made and many orders get misplaced. While one person runs the card, the other person may have not entered the customer into the system yet.
He said that it worked fine like that until they got all of the media exposure and mass orders. Now they are trying to catch up and fix it and also trying to implement a more advanced automatic system.

I don't know if he is a supervisor or something, but he has access to both parts of the system, so he entered the creditcard part of the system and verified that I did pay for the product. He said he would make sure I finally got my refund. I asked if he can just ship me the product because I still want it. (the customer service girls I called previously could also verify I payed, but were not authorized to send me the product because they said they don't handle that part of the system - everyone seems to be blaming everything on this mystical "system"). Anyways, I guess Mike is authorized to make these decisions because he said he would mail me the package overnight and he even gave me a tracking # while I was still on the phone with him.

I don't know about all these excuses about the system and how true they are, but as for Mike, he was very very nice and helpful. So, if anyone has the same problem like I did, definitely call him, I'm sure he can help.
I will try the product this weekend and let you know what I think about it.

ps. when he said he'd overnight it, I thought it was an April's Fools joke, until I actually saw the tracking info on the DHL website :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botox.barn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:41am
I finally got to try Biolustre. My hair is softer and shinier now and looks about 30-40% healthier. It didn't fix the split ends, but overall my hair looks a little better. It's a little expensive for only a 30% improvement, but if my hair was really damaged, I think I'd do it again.
toddtw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toddtw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2010 at 11:09am
BioLustre is the most amazing treatment to hit the beauty industry.  I have been a stylist for over 40 years and like others have been waiting for something that would repair damaged hair.  Until BioLustre there was only hot oils, and conditioners.  BioLustre DOES repair hair.  Nothing else on the market even comes close it it.  I know, I have been looking for a long time and I have tried everything.  But heres the secret.  the kit you buy for home use doesnt compare to the treatment you get in the salon.  I have tried both on my clients and noticed a HUGE difference.  I can do numerous chemical services on my clients in one day and the hair still looks like virgin hair.  Now most stylist wont do multiple services on one head of hair a day, but I work in TV and Film and we have to change hair color on the actors sometimes 3 and 4 times in a 24 hour period.  I even use it on human hair wigs.  It is worth the $200.00 you will spend to have the treatment done in the salon. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic