Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I go from curly to wavy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CoreOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoreOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I go from curly to wavy?
    Posted: May 05 2006 at 9:58pm
I'm a guy with dark brown, naturally curly caucasian hair. I can dig up some pics if needed. The thing is, my hair gets poofy rather easily. It used to get frizzy too but I've found ways of controlling that. I'd like to go from my curly/semi-shaggy look to a more wavy/shaggy look. I guess I want it to lay flatter and curl less. How should I go about doing this?
Life is short... Live like you mean it.
living1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote living1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 6:22pm

Pray. ;)

*Actually I just fell upon this link, as I have wavy hair and I'm looking for styling suggestions...  http://beauty.about.com/cs/hairstyles/qt/wavy_hair.htm  So it's a daily process, but unless you want to have your hair chemically treated at the salon (I'm not even sure what they can do in your case... probably straightening solution but you're looking for more of a shag) maybe you want to go this route.  Well have fun!

Edited by living1 - May 20 2006 at 6:36pm
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 8:09am
cosign
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 8:52am
yea
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 9:12pm
Use a good flat iron, on a low setting. Or you can use a texturizer like Rusk radical anticurl. It will loosen the curl but won't totally relax the hair, allowing you to either blow dry or flat iron it straight, or wear it curly. Your curls however, will be looser, smoother and more defined.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 10:43pm

When your hair is damp braid it (smaller braid=deeper waves) and for a shaggy look when almost dry ruffle it up with your finger and let it air-dry the rest of the way and after you ruffle it DON'T TOUCH IT WHILE ITS DRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic