Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Weird hair problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wellsofjoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellsofjoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Weird hair problem
    Posted: May 07 2006 at 11:28am

About a week ago, my hair texture started to change on top of my head.  It is hard and greasy. No matter what I shampoo it with, I can't get it back to the way it was.

About a month ago, I had a botched highlighting job done to my auburn hair. It has big patches of yellow/blond in it.  She didn't really touch the under layers though.  AND, those are the areas not affected by my new plague.

Is this some kind of damage from the coloring?  I tried a stripping shampoo to remove build-up and that did not work. I just don't know what to do!  HELP PLEASE!  My hair is actually hard and greasy on top!

wellsofjoy
DulcieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DulcieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 3:05pm

Hi

I have no idea what could have caused this but you do need to get to a professional straight away and get some advice....it doesn't sound good. Good Luck.

qoosmicah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qoosmicah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 11:24am
I am experiencing the same symptoms.  The hair on the top of my head and on the forehead just gets like greasy and hard (like one has applied gel onto it).  And no matter how i washed it, it's still like this.

No itches, and hair falling.... just the texture changed since last week.

I've been to the skin doctor today, and she has no idea what's happening.
I've been to the hair salon, and no idea of what's happening.

I'm quite worried about it....

Can you tell me how you finally solved this problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic