Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ADVICE FOR HAIR IN THE POOL!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADVICE FOR HAIR IN THE POOL!!!
    Posted: May 13 2006 at 4:17pm

does any1 have advice for how 2 wear yur hair when u go 2 the pool for summer?? i am goin 2 have medium sized human hair braids (micros, but not that small),and i will prolly come across a pool or 2 over the summer cuz it sho is hotttt! ive heard of ppl just puting their braids in2 1 big braid to keep the hair from tangeling. so what do u do for yur hair 2 be protected in the pool??

p.s. shower caps are out,cuz that is not cute and never matches with a bikini!LOL
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 6:17pm
Usually I put conditioner on my hair prior to jumping in the water. However, there are shampoos and conditioners specifically for swimmers. I have seen them at the  health food store, if you are interested.  

Have fun!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 9:47pm
thanks 4 the advice, but i was looking more for how 2 wear it in the pool, not what 2 use to wash it. does any1 get in the pool anyway.....??
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 7:43am
I remember my friends braiding their hair down, but i usually just "wore" mine in.  Looks fine until it starts to dry anyway. LOL
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 6:33pm
k thanx
PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by taggi taggi wrote:

thanks 4 the advice, but i was looking more for how 2 wear it in the pool, not what 2 use to wash it. does any1 get in the pool anyway.....??

Well let me just say this may be a rather long.  I've been a swimmer for quite some time,and I've dealt with the improper care of my hair with chlorine and such;its no joke.  Well for starters, you may want to just braid your hair down(3 strands), in a few sections, maybe 4-6 braids,or cornrows.  You may want to use a swimming cap to protect your hair from sun, and less exposure to the chlorine. You need to rinse your hair in the shower before you get in...your hair will soak up less chlorine if you do.  I always apply a leave in, typically,a spray on,after that...then you're ready to swim. Now once you get out, you have to wash your hair using a clarifier, not a NEUTRALIZING SHAMPOO.  Some ladies do that but it's over drying.  Once you clarify, wash as normal with a moisturizing poo  and con,and to be on the safe side, DEEP condition.  I think that's about it...HTHEmbarrassed
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 2:12pm
I normally just put a little conditioner in my hair and put it in a bun. It seems to work well for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic