Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indian hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
indian09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indian09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indian hair
    Posted: May 14 2006 at 9:32am
Hello,

I have thick coarse wavy curly hair ( im indian). It has been recommended that KMS curl balm or Tigi catwalk curl amplifier would be the best for my hair. Does anyone have opinions on these products or alternatives.

thx
Yoshiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 4:21pm
what are you trying to do with you hair ?
indian09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indian09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 6:42pm
I'd like to keep it curly, but it becomes very puffy and frizzy when it dries. I'm just looking for something that will prevent this and not make it hard with gel.
Yoshiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 9:22pm
You should try Herbal Essences conditioner that comes with jojoba and aloe vera, those ones help keep your curls nice after naturally air drying.
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 1:50pm
If your hair is wavy, curly, or puffy big hair you would prolly need a relaxer to tame it then decide on which style from there.
pr.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 1:46pm
Hey there Indian09,

You don't need a relaxer. I don't think anyone truly "needs" a relaxer treatment. The trick to keeping curls defined is to (1) use LOTS of conditioner and (2) detangle your hair with fingers only, never with a comb or a brush.

Maybe try adding a conditioner to your routine in addition to your regular conditioner. I like using Suave Citrus, followed by a rinse and then Suave BioBasics... I don't think products need to be expensive to work well.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 10:59am
In adittion to what Anais said rinse it with the coldest water you can stand and scrunch in some oil the wrap it up in a towelto let dry. that's is what has worked for me.

HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic