Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plz Help with some advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scooter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plz Help with some advice
    Posted: April 14 2004 at 9:57pm
My girl friend gave me the link to this site but I didn't know where to post, then I saw Mr Croft below and figured he got some help here. So here goes.

I lost a bet with my girlfriend and a group of her friends. Don't ask! It was dumb! But now I have to honor the bet, and I like her too much to back down even though I'm going to feel stupid.

She's challenged me to go to a party in a couple of weeks as Britney Spears (that's a dig coz she knows I used to like Britney). She's found this pic

http://www.britneyspears.org/pic0603/ama112003/

the one on the left in the red dress. And she's said I've got to get my hair done the same way as in the pic, and she'll arrange a similar dress and do the make up.

My hair is around shoulder length anyway, mostly one length and brown. I usually keep it in a low ponytail.

So, I guess I'd just like to know ahead of time what am I in for to get this style. I know they will have to color it, but I mean cutting/styling wise.

Part of the deal is that I have to set up the appointment myself (so I figure I will have to take the pic in) but I'd like to know what they might do.

Also (more important to me) what could they do after the party to make it less Britney again.

She also sent me this other pic and said that her and her friends might want me to put my hair up like this pic below on my own before they will let me off completely.

http://www.superiorpics.com/britney_spears/images/britney054.jpg

How would I do this?

Thanks for any replies.

Scooter

Lisa_Ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa_Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2004 at 12:42pm
Hi Scooter,

I just saw your post. Since no one else replied I'll have a go, but I'm not an expert OK. It's kind of hard to say exactly what they might need to do without seeing your hair as it is now, but based on your saying its around one length and brown, I'll take a guess and picture it.

If you are really going for this exact look - First thing is that they will probably color it, maybe bleach it first to lift your darker color and then tone it. Next, looking at the pic, their probably going to cut/style it. It looks like Britney has around 3 levels of layers here. From the crown/bangs it looks like they are around nose length, then another set of layers around chin length/bit longer and then the longest lengths below her shoulders - is your hair actually long enough to do this? I guess they can do the top and chin length at least. To finish it off, her hair is wavy here and pretty full, so they may want to do a roller set on reasonably large rollers - sorry :) it's going to be quite a session for you.

I love the up-do in the second pic. I am looking for some ideas for my b/f and might even try this one on him.

To make it less Britney after the party. I guess you could color it back down to your own color. And obviously you don't need to roll it, so it may lay flatter again. But short of cutting it shorter, you can only really let the layers grow again. Maybe you can at least pull it back into a ponytail, although the shorter crown layers won't make a low pony. Maybe you could do a half pony and leave the longest lengths loose?

Good luck - let us know how it goes - it must be soon if you said a couple of weeks. Have you got the salon booked yet? Are you nervous?

Lisa

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic