Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ProTac veterns need opinon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProTac veterns need opinon
    Posted: May 18 2006 at 9:40am
This is going to sound really silly but I hope someone will answer me on this one.

I have been using the fusion method and shrinkies, I want to try the wefts and Pro Tac next at least on top because my hair is so thin it is hard to get volume up top and hide the strand methods.

Now for the silly question but I need to know, I am a drag racer and wear a helmet every weekend putting it on and taking it off about 4- 8 times a day. Do you think the protac will stay in place with all this and also if it gets warm will anything happen? It gets hot in the helmet. I have had no problems with the fusion or the shrinkie methods withstanding this torcher.

I just want to make certain that I dont have a major problem for I am in the public eye alot and always have the photographers taking pictures and dont want to have to run and hide cause my hair fell outShocked...lol

Thanks for helping with my silly question!Embarrassed

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 10:27am
I think it'll hold up just fine, however because its hot you may have some sweating under the tracks, which in time could cause them to become gummy.  a quick blast with the blowdryer under the weft to dry it out will fix this.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 12:11pm

It will hold up no problem. Sitting on the back of my husbands bike wearing a helmet, never had any problems. I made sure that I put it in braids or ponytail to avoid matting, but I guess you won't have to worry about that if you are in a racecar. Or do you keep your windows rolled down? LOL!!!!

Have you thought about a top piece that covers the top of your head and it's glued on. It's great for thin hair on top.

Your question is not a dumb question at all I might add!

Edited by elvira - May 18 2006 at 12:13pm
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 12:16pm
Thanks..
No I have not thought about gluing anything right to my scalp, I have heard horror stories about doing that, a bit scared to try it.

As a matter of fact my dragster is open and thats one of the things I like is my hair flowing out from under my helmet as I go 140 MPH.... have not had a problem with any tangles but only at that speed for 5 seconds.

I am going to try the weft up top as soon as I figure out where to get some good blonde from hopefully with some body curl in it.
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 3:53pm
If you are going to use the pro-tac for the top row only, I would suggest that you only use it on the underside of the weft, as it tends to show shiny after a few days.  YOu still get good hold with it, you may have to retouch it up after 3 weeks, but mine usually holds for a good 5-6 weeks.
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 4:08pm
gsmilie: using the protac like that (underside weft only), does it hold good on the weft for that 3 weeks? It doesn't peeel right off weft w/ first wash>. TIA
K-B
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 10:32pm
Nope, it stays stuck like a bug in a rug!!!  But, I alway wait at least 24 hr to wash after installs, and I think that helps to secure the wefts, espcially the half tapes.  One thing that I did find out with this last install was I can only put one weft on the half (underside) tapes, this time I tried 2 and one of the wefts fell off after the 1st week, but I just put some more tape on that and slapped it back in.Thumbs Up

Now some people don't like the using only the "underside" method and they will use LG on the top row and pro-tac  on the rest of the install.  It's all what works for you.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 10:49pm
I agree with gsmilie....its all about what works best for you.

I cant do the tape on the underside only, since my weft tracks are lighter than my roots. My root area is more gold/red than the rest of my hair so I have to sandwich the wefts with what ever method I do, to disguise & hide the track
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic