Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sportin Waves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
young_africa View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sportin Waves
    Posted: May 18 2006 at 7:07pm
Ok I finished my red can of dax wanted to experiment with Sporting Waves. Does anyone use it? Tell me bout your results. Those guys who use Sportin Waves which one y'all think is better cus im bout to grow my hair for bout 2 months or more im tryin that compression meth which Ced was talkin bout.
ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 7:54pm
I use balck and it works pretty good for when im 2 weeks into a cut or when i dont want to use thick pomade...Im thinkin about trying gold next time I go to the store.
prettweasel2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettweasel2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 8:49pm
i use to gold can it is really good
nathaniel
HeadnRotation View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadnRotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 10:24pm
if u tryna grow ur hair foe dat long.....u braveClap....but ummm i use sportan waves black can when my hair is long
Boy Wonda View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Wonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 1:13am
i used both black and gld can they both nice make sure u have moisturizer cuz the gold can will dry out your hair or dats wa it did to me
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 2:30am
use some 360 pomade.

swissta View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 2:35am
i use sportin gold. That helpz lay your hair good, gives some shine and works well in general. It aint to thick or 2 soft so i should try it out
[IMG]http://i10.tinypic.com/2rw6ddu.jpg" />
Answer 2 Wave Problems . . . Simply Just Brush More Dammit!
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 11:24am
wtf is a compression method.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 2:05pm
Ive been messin with that compression method too...Its cedclark method...make you rhair real flat real good for when you growin it out.
CRidge View Drop Down
6th man award winner of '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRidge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 2:54pm

Butchboi whats the compression method?

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 3:53pm
basically u grow ya hair for a long time for like 7 8 or 9 weeks keep ya durag on most of the time to keep ya hair down. when u get that cut after ya waves are Wacko spinnin like tsunamis
swissta View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 4:28pm
yup...my hair is now trained to lay down and i am on my 4th week, So far no problems. I jus brush most of the time and if i aint i am du ragging or wearing my wave cap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 5:04pm
Cedclark's Compression Method

This is the method I came up with because I hated to get my hair cut.......

Im going to start with atfer I get a cut..

I brush all the loose hairs out then I add pomade. I wait a few days until that new hair cut look is gone.

Now here is the method.

1. I rinse my hair in the shower (water only) and I brush with a softy brush. When im done brushing and rinsing I dont dry my hair.

2. I brush (soft brush) my hair until its icky (you know this when you rub the top of your head and your hand kind of icks

3. now I add a lot of pomade and I rub it in good with my hands then i use my pomade soft brush(only a brush i use to brush my pomade in) and brush it in good.

4. I put my du-rag on as tight as I can without pain.

5. I du-rag until it dries ( normally overnight)

6. I only brush the following 2 -3 days. I brush when im watching tv or boring I only brush in the direction my hair grows and only focus the weak spots. I brush anywhere from 30mins to a hour.

7. And i repeat

products

I have 3 brushes one med, and 2 softy

I only use sportin wave gold can

swissta View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 5:09pm
yup thats the method. I use it myself but i dnt du rag 2 tight..i dont wanna cut off my blood circulation lol....4 that slick, layed look go with this method
chillin22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 6:11pm
that's a very tite compression method.
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young_africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 6:51pm
yeah man its workin for me so far my hair is started to lay on the rite instead of just being smushed. im usin the sportin waves gold can and a softy. if im not brushin im duraggin and vice versa
thenumber1lon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenumber1lon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 7:45pm
i used the gold can and the black and they worked fine for me but i prefer nunile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic