Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding weft, over current install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding weft, over current install
    Posted: May 22 2006 at 9:44am
I currently have my extensions installed with shr***ies and would like to know if I can install a row of weft up by my crown with protac using the last row of my current install as the place I would put it. Would it hurt anything or should I remove that row. I do not have enought hair up there to start another row for the weft, but i think there is enough space between the bond and my scalp to put the protac.
Ok I am dying to try this protac out....
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 10:43am
I personally think that would be too much weight on your hair, to have the weight the the strands and also a weft.
longhairaddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 8:30pm
I've done this with almost every strand by strand install where I just couldn't get enough volume.  I would put a weft up near the top and at the very bottom.  I would connect the weft over the hair that was held by whatever strand by strand method I had.

I totally agree with metalgirl, it is probably a bad idea but it worked well for me and I would do it again.  For some reason it didn't feel like any additional weight.  I didn't have any problems, but now I think I'm sticking with wefts anway :)  I like the thickness you can achieve.
Wearing 22" 8oz Tease I tips installed with silicone microrings.
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 7:27am
Thanks girls..

I had some cheap hair so I went ahead and tried it last night and I managed to get just enough hair in the back to attach the weft to, I had plenty on the sides to use and I can say I am in love with this pro tac /weft method already, what a difference it makes in the volume!! I can not wait to do a full head of these, but I have only had my strand method in for about 2 weeks so I will wiat and get the use out of them.
Big smile lovin my hair now!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic