Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question: applying lace front wigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question: applying lace front wigs
    Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:46pm
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and also new to the lace wig scene. lol. I recently bought a full lace wig from ebay (afro treasures) and it is a beautiful unit, I'm very happy. (If you want a wig - get it from her! shes the best seller with 100s of good feedbacks.)

BUT...I have no idea how to put one on! Confused

I would love it if some of you ladies would help me out with many details. I am in the UK and hairdressers are rubbish over here and most havent even heard of lace wigs I am sure, let alone know how to apply them.

Also I'm gonna be using glue by the way and I want the wig to stay on for about 10 days. But I want it to be waterproof too (I'm planning on doing a lot of sports this summer and I dont want it to slip off mid-jogging or something, I would DIE. DeadCry

Pleeeeeeeease help, preferably experienced wearers. Thanks a LOT in advance I really will appreciate it!

~ Tazzy Smile

Edited by Tazzy - May 23 2006 at 2:48pm
Tazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:53pm
Oh yeah - also what do you wear UNDER the wig to make the scalp your colour?

I was thinking pantyhose but it can slip off under the wig leaving your canerows exposed and hence no scalp then but transparent canerows. You know what I mean?

Unless you have to SEW the pantyhose onto your canerows then put the wig on. But thats a long process and I'm sure thers an easy way to deal with this...

hmmmm...Confused

help me please!

Edited by Tazzy - May 23 2006 at 2:54pm
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 10:13pm
Well I'm not that experience with LF's but I am in the middle/moderate knowledge I guess you can say LOL. What I use under it is a wig cap..right not a black one until I can find a brown one.

Now for applying the LF, well I'm not even going to lie, that will take time and patience. First and far most make sure that you have all of your supplies in hand/arm reach including the glues, tapes, application brush such as a eye shadow brush, towel and adhesive removers...mirrors

What you do first is place the LF on your hair as if you're about to wear it. Use a eyeliner pencil to place a thin line around it for where you're going to cut the lace back at..usually your hairline area. You can then use that same eyeliner pencil and mark around your hairline where your going to place the glue.

Now you are ready to apply the glue, only use a small amount though (thats what I personally learned) and you can pour a little of the glue into a small container like an contact lens case for easy less messy application (which is what I do now too) and dip the eyeshadow brush into the glue and place a small line of glue on that line around your head. You can either start in the front or back.

Once completed let the glue set for 5mins or so..some let it sit for 20mins but thats for Ultra hold glue though. Then carefully place the LF in place and use the back or a comb to smooth the edges down. You can then use a scarf and tie around your head/hairline/LF so that it can 'set' and dry.

Do not do any styling or pulling at this time because it will come off. Let it set for about an hour or so or over night if done before bedtime. Afterwards you should be fine. If there's any area thats coming up just use one of those cuticle wooded stick and small amount and glue and place on that area and let sit and use the back of a comb and push down on that area. Now I heard of some ppl sitting under a dryer on cool setting to get the glue to set quick when needed.

I think thats about it for the general application of the LF. Just remember to take your time, be patient and that sometime the first application may not come out as we want it to come out. HTH
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 1:05pm
A lace front is actually the same thing as a "hair system" like Hair Club uses. If you have any of those in your area, I would call them. There is definetly an art to putting one of those on! They use tape and glue, they even shave a circular area around your head where it is to be placed.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 9:57am
Many people don't want to have their heads shaved to wear a lf.  I just ordered a lf and I will not shave my head, and many of my clients will not shave their head either.

Go to the bhm.com board, those ladies have the application technique down!
HairLover75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairLover75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:45am
I bought mine from lacewigoutlet on ebay. It was a custom unit and I LOVE it,but I don't have a clue how to put it on either!!
jaydiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaydiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2008 at 11:01pm
bhm.com is not working for me. Is that an abreviation?
Kimzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 1:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic