Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LG/ProTac removal Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LG/ProTac removal Question
    Posted: May 24 2006 at 4:18pm
I was searching through some old post trying to see what is best to remove the protac/LG combo, I seen Sherrie said the acetone does not work well with this method can anyone tell me what they have found to be the best to remove them?
Thanks!!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 4:21pm
no..no...acetone works the BEST for me out of everything Ive tried
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 4:24pm
I think what happened in the particular situation your speaking of, was that I had fresh LG bonds on top of old protac (i had reglued hair over the top of the protac tapes) so yes it was a difficult removal...but ANYTIME I try to remove LG that is fresh, is hard to remove for me...LG holds like CEMENT in my hair.
longhairaddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 4:53pm
Yep, liquid gold and protac together with your hair (inside the protac is fine for me) is horrible to get out.  I've had no problems removing protac or LG when used alone, but together I might as well have super glued the wefts in lol.  Maybe it works for others......
Wearing 22" 8oz Tease I tips installed with silicone microrings.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 5:10pm

Well....I have used a dab of LG here and there to fix an edge of the tape...and havent had any issues removing. And when the LG bond is old it removes easy for me...but when the bond is still fresh or strong and still securely holding, its SUPER strong and harder to remove for me!

asinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 6:02pm
I use the orange oil remover from shrinkies.net and it works like a charm on Protac & LG seperately, together, old or new.  I spray alot right onto the bonds, both sides, wait a few minutes and they come out with ease.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 6:48pm
asinnamon....for me personally the LG is like cement in my hair...it holds like a mo fo' Ive tried ALL kinds of removers. And if its a fresh bond or not at the stage where the bond is deteriorating its a difficult removal! LG is great for me for installs so long as Im going to keep them in for 7 weeks or so...but on rare occassion when I needed to remove them sooner for whatever reason...its difficult...but its just me, my hair and its reaction to the adhesive.
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 8:46pm
Thanks, I have a feeling I am like Sherrie and this stuff is holding onto my hair like cement...when it is time to take them out I will try orange oil on one side and acetone on the other and see how it goes.
Just needed some input so I dont end up with a huge mess!!
Did that once a while ago I used fusion bonds that were glue (I did not know any better at the time) what a MESS!!!
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 10:15am
Ladies,

Are you applying the protac/LG weft to your hair or to the skin part?

Thanks
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 12:12pm

To my hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 12:13pm
ok
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 4:27pm
yep...near the root of the hair...right near the scalp

Edited by sherrie215 - May 25 2006 at 4:29pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 10:46am
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic