Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mixed Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
soon2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soon2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixed Hair
    Posted: October 12 2006 at 6:01pm
It can get twisted...it just might not last as long.
hairtype:3C-4A
Tranistioning:last perm 1/29/06
Learning to embrace my true beauty and loving it
Good&Thick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good&Thick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 12:48pm

yeah same thing for me when I wash my hair it get very curly..... I am black and Indian but umm your hair should be able to get twist just got to find the right person....

Trying to break through the struggles that life brings
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 3:23pm
Sure. I'm no expert, but I'd say it should be easy to do with your texture.
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
xRBGx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRBGx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 1:12am
well.....my hair is not as smooth/straight as 3C, but it's not as nappy as 4A(but it's very close to 4A).

I'd say I'm a 3D :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 2:48pm
You're welcome.

The link is up there in my previous post.

I edited after you posted somehow. I had to search for it.

Edited by Phoenix1017 - May 29 2006 at 2:49pm
My Hair Site

xRBGx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRBGx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 2:45pm
thank you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 2:42pm
It depends on what texture hair you have. Mixed hair comes in all textures just like everyone elses and isn't a type in itself. So there is no telling

Perhaps you should find out what type hair you have, first off. (i.e. type 1, 2, 3, or 4 and then identify the letter type)

I will find the link for you.

Edited by Phoenix1017 - May 29 2006 at 2:50pm
My Hair Site

xRBGx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRBGx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 1:49pm
yea, I'm going to a black stylist, I just wanted to know if twisties were even possible with mixed hair.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 10:43pm

you might want to try a black stylist
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 10:20pm
Hi,,xRBGx,, I am also half black and half white and it seems we have the same type of hair,, perfect curls when wet but frizzy and crazy and loony when dry LOL,, anyway,, i dont think any hairdresser should turn you away,, i have gone to both white and black hairdressers with no probs,, what kind were u planning to go to??
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
Saniiada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saniiada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 9:02pm
hey phoenix, your hair looks just like the hair pokahantas has. Very silky. To the threadstarter, take a chance it wouldn't hurt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by xRBGx xRBGx wrote:

I'm 16 years old and my Mother is black and my father is white. When I pick out my hair, it is basically an afro, however when my hair is wet it tightly curls. I was planning on getting twisties this week, and was wondering if the salon lady would just turn me away.

You have to go and see.

No one can tell you for sure what a salonist will do, only the salonist in question can do that.
My Hair Site

ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 8:36pm
IMO if the stylist is really a 'good diverse stylist' she or he should be able to style any texture of hair. If not then I would suggest finding someone who is diverse with the many different hair textures thats out here.

Edited by ThAbAdDeStBaBy - May 27 2006 at 9:01pm
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

Saniiada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saniiada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 4:48pm
*there can't spell
Saniiada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saniiada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 4:47pm
Ahhh, same hear. I'm  nigerian and brazilian. I don't know what to tell you about the twists.......I'm sure their is a salon stylist who can help you though
xRBGx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRBGx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 11:46am
I'm 16 years old and my Mother is black and my father is white. When I pick out my hair, it is basically an afro, however when my hair is wet it tightly curls. I was planning on getting twisties this week, and was wondering if the salon lady would just turn me away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic