Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Breat Implants-Pros & Cons of Each Method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breat Implants-Pros & Cons of Each Method
    Posted: May 28 2006 at 5:53am
I'm looking at breast implants and the various methods of placement, types, etc.  So far it looks like intramuscular  (behind the muscle) would look more natural though harder to detect cancer, but what is your preferred method of placement?  Sometimes doctors go in from the belly button to minimize scarring (though placement is less accurate), and others go in through armpits, etc.  Which method did you girls choose and how did it go..much scarring?  Also, what kind of implants did yoiu get and how was you experience?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 1:38am
I dont have implants.But I have heard there's a higher chance of rupturing the implant/damaging it using the belly button method cuz the surgon cant see it.
My friend has saline round ones and they are TOO round and wrinkle on the sides. I think they look like basketballs.
If you can wait a few years they are trying to approve a gummy bear implant that is safer,and more natural looking/feeling then the saline ones. If you arent that old you should wait,breasts tend to get bigger as you get older. I was an A,and now I'm a C,and NO,I didnt gain weight.I've been 120 pound since I was 18.

Edited by julesyjul88 - April 12 2007 at 3:41am
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 5:26pm
I had under the muscle, under the breast incison, saline.  Best decision.
I have had mammograms since and they are not hard to read if you have a qualified tech.

I was sore for 3-4days. hard to lift the arms etc but I drove myself to my post op appointment -5th day post op -without a problem. 

s
s
living1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote living1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 11:29am
I agree with jules ... at a younger age I think women should wait.  especially because these treatments are painstaking and you really don't have the forsight to see just how it is going to turn out... but also because your breasts *will* grow with time.. Okay so I'm only 22 but I've grown about a half-cup over the last year+... & always consider the BC pill as they will take up your size by about a cup average.....  I think the wisest way to go about it is dance around the treatment for years and years and treat yourself when u feel kinda blah bored with your body in time as it is bound to happen.  There's so much to be living up it's hard to note so many ppl feelin like they need to be messing with their god given, natural work of art.  but neway that is solely a personal decision..  a painful one however  >.<
Vampyfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vampyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 4:33pm
Very good advice on here. I have large breasts, all natural and they grew slowly over my younger years. I have always done isometric exercises to improve them and they hold firm at my age now.

If you can have the patience to exercise, and wait for the growth spurts, you should see results. But, the implants go wrong so many times, and I've heard that so many women have needed at least three operations to correct faults.

If I were small breasted, I would still do the exercises making sure they were perky, and keep them natural. Large is NOT always better, and if you are in proportion anyway, this ought to be good enough. Flesh is good, regardless of the size, especially if not sagging. And, in clothes there are always the padded kind. I hear the implants can sag after a while, and usually need re-aligning after so many years.

But, all this hype about breasts is so bad, men really prefer natural ones, no matter what size. And ALL women want firm breasts. So exercise! It always works, even after childbirth. It is not worth the risks of surgery.
Vampyfox
Author/Performer
(Pic taken a few months ago)
www.donni-jay.com
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 7:57am
Breast implant surgery does not mean automatically you go BIG, it means you want to enhance what you have.(or dont have).    Your boobs do not grow from an A to  c or d in your 20's - after you go through your puberty and growth - by late teens( i would say by 20 latest) you have what you have. 

Not all men prefer natural breasts,  not all men like fake ones.  Guys love boobs period-

Most women i find that have to have 3 surgeries to correct the first one- do not do their homework as far as the surgeon ,what he does, if he licensed- does he only do breast implants ?or is he a dentist on the side as well? Did he go to school JUST for plastic surgery or take a weekend class here/there to do it.     Talk w/other patients of the drs, see pics of what he has done- if he is good/great dr, he will show you a book of pics he has done- w/o you asking to see.  Bring pics of breasts you want, several different ones so you can show what your looking for and in case he says 'this one wont look good because xxxx". 

Under the muscle is better for detection of breast cancer. Nothing in the way to shadow the natural breast area. 
The only way breast implants sag after a while if you do not wear a bra or support more times than not just like real breasts but real breasts sag more naturally. 

s
s
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2007 at 7:59am
Ps I got my boobs done 6months before i got prego- w/twins(identical)- i produced milk, could breat feed NO PROBLEM and i even think after my milk dried up that helped the implants settle into place even better!!!

s
s
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 10:07am
Originally posted by leducred leducred wrote:

I had under the muscle, under the breast incison, saline.  Best decision.
I have had mammograms since and they are not hard to read if you have a qualified tech.

I was sore for 3-4days. hard to lift the arms etc but I drove myself to my post op appointment -5th day post op -without a problem. 

s

Same here - under the muscle, saline, through the nipple.  But the difference is that it took me longer to heal, maybe because I am such a big baby.Big%20smile  My healing time was about a week and after that, I was able to get up and go.

I've also had mammograms done since, but the tech had to keep redoing it because she couldn't read themConfused, but all was fine once she finally got it. 
2blessed4stress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2blessed4stress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 12:43pm

I have over the muscle with a lollipop scar. Will be 1 year post op this June, but will be getting them redone as the surgeon did not do a good job. Apparently I did not get a lift...only the scars to go with it...

bethy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 7:54pm
i just wanna say if youre thinking about getting breast implants, really research the doctor that youre thinking of going to..i have had surgery 4 times, and i will never be the same..bethy
bethy :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic