Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need hair help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
burden View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need hair help
    Posted: March 13 2000 at 8:11pm
I've been letting my medium textured wavy hair grow longer. Right now it's a few inches below midback, my problem is the weight of the hair is making the hair on top really flat and straight, while it it's still wavy on the bottom. Is there anyway I can give it some more body on top without using heat products or cutting it?
Alexandra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2000 at 12:19am

Whatta cowinkidink.  I just started using Bumble and Bumble's Styling Creme on my hair and it does and excellent job of keeping my bra-length and heavy hair from drooping (from roots to ends).  I also use this with Amplify's Root Lifter. 

All I can say is, Friday was a severe weather day with humidity abound and the only prob I had was frizzies--but my hair was not weighed down and actually had body that lasted all day!

I've yet to mess with the product to see how it holds my waves, but I'll let you know!

Happy with her hair for the first time in a while,

Alexandra

Mrs. Blonde View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. Blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2000 at 3:45pm
I have fine hair and I am trying to grow it long , right now it is at my bra line. I am constantly having trouble keeping my hair full with volume. I am always looking for new ways to keep volume..... I have never heard of this product???? Where do you find it???

thanks
Mrs. Blonde
Alexandra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2000 at 1:02am

Hey Mrs. Blonde,

The problem with my hair is that it's heavy and thick, so the weight pulls down my hair at the roots.  The B&B Styling Creme and the Matrix Amplify both seem to do a good job, but I'm wondering about styling build-up.  Then again, I deepconditioned for some reason yesterday, so that could be why my hair looks a bit blah today.

The Creme is a cream (duh) that you take a quarter size of and work it through the hair.  The Amplify has a small sprayer that you can aim right at the roots.  I bought both from the World Wide Beauty Store online, who carry good products, and look like they're finally going to get what you order to you within two weeks (for about 6 months, I would wait 2 weeks, then have to e-mail them and beg to have them ship my order.  this time, less than 2 weeks.  Cool.).  You can also get them at other online stores, or probably salons in your area (depends: I just don't feel like calling all of them).

As we speak, I am experimenting with velcro rollers for volume.  I look like a dog in prep for a dog show!  LOL!  My brother was like, "What did you do to your head?!"

Let you know how it goes,

Alex

forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2000 at 5:57pm
Hi burden

Possibly a partial perm. If you perm the top of your hair it might help to give volume. Otherwise cutting and/or curling with a curling iron will give you some volume..
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2000 at 5:57pm
Hi burden

Possibly a partial perm. If you perm the top of your hair it might help to give volume. Otherwise cutting and/or curling with a curling iron will give you some volume..
Elle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2000 at 11:04pm
You could try using volumizer, but I believe most volumizers are only effective if you use them in conjunction with blow dryers.
~Elle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic