Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tattoo's on the neck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tattoo's on the neck
    Posted: May 30 2006 at 4:46pm
I must say that over the past couple weeks I had cut and trimmed hair for a few ladies with a tattoo on the nape of their neck. Thsi is a great look and shopuld be exposed to show the art. I had cut a few inverted bobs and a coulpe buzzed napes. No matter what way it is cut it looks great. As one lady told me when she had her shoulder length cut in a i short inverted bob the tattoo is out of site and out of mind but the haircut is something she always wanted. her husband wanted the tattoo.What are your views on thsi?
Mike
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 5:38pm
There are two possible approaches I can envision women taking with their neck tatoos.  1 - as you suggest.  2 - having hair long enough to be put up, so that they can choose when to show off the tattoo, and when to hide it.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 7:41pm

That is so true. I do agree that long hair looks good along with the option to pull it up and show the art. I realy do like long hair and I shreak when someone tells me to cut it short. Long hair could look its best on almost anyone but not all. When some want change they eraly want it, tattoo and short hair

Mike
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2006 at 11:58pm

I'm sensitive about the neck area, so the very idea of neck tattoos makes me cringe!

More awesome than a manatee!
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 7:41pm
I have seen some lovely neck and back tattoos on women. It does look good with short hair. The exotic and beautiful Eur-Asian fashion model Kumi has a full back tattoo and a shaved head and she looks gorgeous.
Brent
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 1:13am
The back doesn't bother me.  It's just the neck I'm sensitive about.  Neck injury (generally slashing, but sometimes extends to hanging, strangling, needles to the neck, etc.) is one of my longstanding phobias. . . probably past-life related, really, but this isn't that kind of forum, so I'll stop there.
Domo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Domo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:57pm
that hurts

Edited by Domo20 - July 05 2006 at 9:57pm
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 2:06am
Past life or not Kurenko, I don't believe that anyone wants to get a neck injury.

If people are interested in the exotic fashion model Kumi's back tattoo, check her out on the website Kumimonster.com.. She is a very unique and beautiful lady.
Brent
kimspikedhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimspikedhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 12:35pm
I have Tattoos on my chest, ankle, and both arms.
I have never thought of getting a Tattoo on my neck.
Kim
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/kimspikedhair/
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 4:34am

I've considered a few different tattoo ideas over the years, but none have yet survived to permanence.  Right now the most likely candidate is a white rose I drew, which would go in the small of the back, but I'd kinda have to wait until I finish losing weight. . . or else there's no such thing as the small of my back, just the back flab :-P . . .

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 2:01am
Originally posted by mikecuts mikecuts wrote:

As one lady told me when she had her shoulder length cut in a i short inverted bob the tattoo is out of site and out of mind but the haircut is something she always wanted. her husband wanted the tattoo.What are your views on thsi?
Mike

Isn't an inverted bob where the back is cut shorter than the front?

If so, how does the short back hide the tattoo "out of site and out of mind"?

Merlin101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:57am
As I read the out of site and out of mind comment, I think the lady is saying that since her husband wanted the tattoo and its on the back of her neck, it is out of her site and out of her mind, not out of everyone's site and mind as her husband probably wants to see it.  The haircut, she always wanted.  

Edited by administrator - July 31 2006 at 11:32pm
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Merlin101 Merlin101 wrote:

As I read the out of site and out of mind comment, I think the lady is saying that since her husband wanted the tattoo and its on the back of her neck, it is out of her site and out of her mind, not out of everyone's site and mind as her husband probably wants to see it.  The haircut, she always wanted.

Oh, okay.  Thanks. 

Edited by administrator - July 31 2006 at 11:32pm
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 2:53pm
Personally I'm not a fan of neck tattoos. Near a well-crafted  nape, I think the effect of a  tattoo mitigates against it. Besides, they have become rather common place, and are becoming synonymous with those that in the UK we call "chavs".  Nearest US equivalent: "trailer trash" (though  the term 'chav' is slightly more affectionate). 
phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic