Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What will help my hair grow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kathye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What will help my hair grow?
    Posted: July 01 2006 at 2:53pm
I'm posting this for BlackMagic. There is nothing that will really make your hair grow faster. Maybe some supplements or whatever but I dont really trust those. The thing is you need to be taking care of your hair. Hair grow at an average of 1/2 every month that is about 6 inches every 1 year. So with that in mind what you need to do is research you hair type so read a book. A good one is "Andre Talks Hair" by Andre Walker who explains your hair type and what is good for you particular hair type. The thing is he's a famous hair stylist so some of what he says is not really relevant , so you should also get another book called "Dont go to shopping for hair care product without me", by Paula Begoun. She will explain the right and wrong products to get. I can explain ways for you to grow your hair long right this second only it wont help because I would have to wright a book to give you all that info. So do keep this in mind
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 1:49am
I have been taking vitamins by the phyto brand and using there phytospecific line and it has done wonder for my hair in a short time. I have always had dry hair and I don't anymore after using this product for only a month. I love it.
lovelove
SimplyAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 1:29pm
Most of all TLC (Tender Love and Care). Also drink plenty of water, exercise and eat right. Try taking a hair vitamin as well if it doesn't help you with growth it should help you with strength and thickness.
Hair Type: 4a/3c Natural
Hair Length: Mid Back (growing out Layers)
Hair Goal: Long Layered Waist length/ Super Healthy!
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by mercedes826 mercedes826 wrote:

It can be done.
I second that, it most definitely can be done, no one mentioned this yet, so I'll say it, always, always Keep a POSITIVE attitude about you hair that's half the journey completed, that's just as important as taking vitamins and doing all the other good stuff everyone mentioned.
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
mercedes826 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes826 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 6:47pm
It can be done.
First Goal-Full SL
Second Goal- Full APL
Final Goal-Any length beyond is all gravy

http://public.fotki.com/mercedes826/

SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 1:32pm
they all said it fam. easier said then done huh
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 12:52pm
Washing your hair and keeping your scalp clean will help. Also, make sure to protect your ends. This helps to decrease breakage and retain length.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
mercedes826 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes826 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 5:51pm
Don't forget to moisturize your ends because that also helps with the increase of your hair growth. You won't have to trim as much.
First Goal-Full SL
Second Goal- Full APL
Final Goal-Any length beyond is all gravy

http://public.fotki.com/mercedes826/

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 3:27pm

Keeping your hair and scalp clean, moisturizing often, little manipulation etc..all can encourage hair growth.

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 2:48pm
Not really. You can make sure your diet and water intake is great so you can encourage growth. Vitamins...Sally's may have some hair vitamins but it's not going to hurry up anything really.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

blackmagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackmagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 11:21am
im not sure but maybe doogro
xRBGx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRBGx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 1:56am
Are there any products I can get somewhere like Sally's that will make my hair grow faster. It's only bout 2 inches right now, but i want it to be long enough to braid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic