Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question for hairdressers/color experts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
noeyangel77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question for hairdressers/color experts
    Posted: June 13 2006 at 7:57am
I had my hair damaged back in October because my hairdresser put in too many lowlights and my hair turned black with tiny white streaks.  It has taken until now to get healther since I have cut about 5 inches off - but I am still not happy with the color. It is just a dullish blonde, kind of orangy in some spots from removing the black.  My hairdresser is going slow getting it back to my previous blonde to avoid any more damage.  My question is - how can I slowly get it back to a brighter blonde?  I go for a cut and root touchup every 7 weeks.  Is it possible for her to do my roots and then put a 10 or 20 volume through the length to brighten it up?(every visit)Will the 10 or 20 volume damage it even more or just dry it a little bit, and can the dryness be fixed with deep conditioners?
  Or should she just use a  different toner?  Will 10 volume do anything?  SHe knows my first priority is healthy hair and then nice color - but it has been 8 months and I am so frustrated!! Please help me!Cry

Thanks,

Noelle
Blondie1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 6:11pm
Hi there N.~

Nice to 'see' you chick! xx

Glad to know that your hair is getting healthier and longer too!

As you know, we both sort of went through the same colour nightmare and both lost length without wanting to as well.  (Ugh~ I feel your pain! Frustrating! )

Just a suggestion (sorry so long to explain)~ when I was going through the same thing~ although I'm not sure how different our hair colours were.  To give a bit of an idea: mine started as a level 9/10 blonde and then the evil colourist who doesn't listen 'filled' it with a reddy-orange filler~ (looked like inside of a pumpkin colour) and then brown hair colour added.  I'd say the resulting colour was a dull looking shade around the same as Jennifer Aniston's is now.  It just wasn't as nice as Jenn's, didn't suit me at all and most definitely was not what I wanted!

Anyway~ Similar to you, I desperately wanted my blonde hair back.  After it happened, I had been trying to fade the brown as much as I could while still trying to keep my hair in good shape and damage no further than it already was.  I went to a new colourist and she did what she referred to as a 'flash toner'.  I didn't know how to explain to anyone what that was at the time (it was just the term I heard her use)... but since then I have found out that it is a normal toner that uses 7 vol peroxide for the 'regular' and 9.5 for the 'ultra'.  It worked really well (see link to post with photos below)

I am thinking and hoping that maybe something similar will work for you without causing additional unwanted damage the way an allover bleaching would?

Keep us posted!  Would love to see photos if you have any!

t.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic