Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some advice needed plz ty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stephanieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some advice needed plz ty
    Posted: June 15 2006 at 2:05am
Hello  my name is Stephanie Im a working mom with 5 children
Im searching for some advice
I have really no idea what my natural hair color is. When i was born it was dark brown then that all fell out and I ended up with WHITE hair and I mean white then as I got older it became more of the everyday blonde color. Then the teen years came around and I wanted to do something different with my hair so I started coloring and frosting and have been doing it every since, it looks healthy and feels healthy. One time I dyed it at home and then went to the salon to have a cut and the stylist complimented the job. And for the most part I have discovered that my hair does best when it is frosted . I have used the permanent dyes but for some reason they leave my hair yellowish/greenish/goldish tones so I try to stay away from them. WELL....., tonite I thought Id give it a try " using a dye i mean" And I shouldnt have done it and the really bad thing is I KNEW I shouldnt have done it.  SO..... I currently have what looks to be yellow/goldish/white colored hair. And to top it off Im not the least bit shocked Shocked. I just couldnt help myself I GUESS. Heck I just wanted to do something really fast to just kinda give the hair a little something because it was looking a little lifeless. BOy Oh BOy did I get a lil someting
 Just goes to show you cant get something for nothing.
So basically i thought maybe I could get some advice from someone that has some experience. Why does my hair look these wild colors when i use a dye on it? I follow the instructions to a tee. When i frost my hair most generally it turns out great but it would be nice to buy a box of the new brands every now and then  just to try them out . Frosting is time consuming and being a working mom that is the one thing I havent got to give.
So the dye I used tonite is Revolon Colorsilk Ammonia free Permanent haircolor.
I left it on as instructed w/clean/dry/hair so any suggestions on how to get the yellow/goldish color  out? Should I purchase a frost kit, I dont have the time to go to the salon heck I didnt get time to do my hair until 11:30pm at nite so a salon visit is totally out of the question because of my working hours. I suppose I could try the lemon juice theory:)  not sure if it would work:(
Well I hope someone has some helpful advice I would certainly appreciated it.

Thanks in advance
Stephanie

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic