Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matte hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Haku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matte hair
    Posted: June 17 2006 at 5:50pm
Hello I've had short spikes for my whole life 18 years now I want a more grown up hairstyle, ive been growing out my hair for about a year now with no haircut what so ever. My bangs are down to my eyes and the back covers my neck.  I can achieve somewhat of this look but i think a haircut will make it even better anyways here is what I'm aiming for

Anyways, my question is what kind of haircut should I ask for?  Im not very good at the whole barber lingo hehe and is this cut easy to do?  Should I go down to the neighborhood asian 11 dollar hair salon or go down to the fancy place down by the mall, in other words, how much skill and cost is this haircut?
Oh and I use Gatsby mat type hair wax from my local Mitsuwa \( ^ ^)/
Thanks -Haku

Edited by Haku - June 17 2006 at 5:52pm
Scntillatedseed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scntillatedseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 12:42am
it's a relatively easy cut to do, just print out hte pictures(colour would help) and then give it to them.  Let me tell you though, it's going to take a while to grow out those side hairs that he has, I think they're abotu as long as mine.  I think mine's longer, anyways, it's relatively easy for asian barbers to do so long as they're used to doing those cuts.  They're quite popular in Asia now.  Don't expect it to be easy to style though, ti takes a bit of time to learn to do it like that.
Haku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:52am
Ahh thanks much, I dont mind spending the time learning it infact, I like to play around with my hair and see what i can do in my spare time.  Ive got like a billion and one different types of waxes and such.  Anyways thanks for the info, much appreciated.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 10:51pm
hmm maybe you should go to the asian salon perhaps if they know what they are doing coz 11 dollars is pretty cheap for a haircut like that but then you really have to ask them if they the done this hairstyle
ARGHH
Osaka-san View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osaka-san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 3:19pm
how do you make those long spikes ? i use wax and spray but my hairs always go flat and not really spiky... should i use flat iron ? i'm not very good in styling my hair, any good advice ? :)
bowlnoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowlnoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 6:54pm
I have the same style of hair but I spike the front up and to the left, and almost exactly the same length as in the picture. However, I have problems with styling the back of the hair.

I use a japanese clay wax.
Main problem is the visibilty of the back.
I try to hold out a small mirror in front of me, with my back facing
the large bathroom mirror. This somewhat works but is very difficult to view certain angles and restricts me to style with one hand.

The end result is I end up making it messy and flat.

It may not just be the visibilty that makes it difficult though. I'm not entirely sure how to make it look layered on top of eachother on the back like that.
What I try to do is spike downwards in different directions.

Advice please. I'm Asian (hk) w/ medium thickness. This style at hair salon
is shaving, correct? Cause thats what they did to me.

BTW, re: to original post,
       is that $11 USD? that seems a bit too cheap.
       I atleast spend around $22 (canadian) but it end up about
       $35 (canadian) cause it fancy salon with tv and
       they 'CWC' before cutting.

Edited by bowlnoodle - July 07 2006 at 6:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic