Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clothes for us meaty girls.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clothes for us meaty girls.
    Posted: June 22 2006 at 7:52pm
I am not big, but I do have a stomach. I am a size 9 in jeans. I see so many cute outfits but all the shirts stick to your stomach so I can't wear them. I am stuck wearing solid colored plain shirts. Is there a place I can get cute clothes for my size?
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 8:32pm
I don't know where you live, but in every major metropolitan area, there are stores for big women, tall women, etc...
Also online.
Best of luck.

Edited by SanFranBrent - June 22 2006 at 8:32pm
Brent
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 8:22pm
If the shirt sticks to your stomach, then the size is probably too small.  Try a bigger size.
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 11:22pm
Since you are a size 9 you should have no problem getting clothes to fit.  i say you may want to start layering. that could hide a multitude of flaws. and if stuff is sticking to you. it is too small.
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 10:45pm

Ugh! i know what you mean.  I have the same problem, and honestly, i think many women wear shirts that are unflattering to their stomachs, not realizing how clingy shirts can be to that area. Even a toned one can look chubby under the wrong shirt.  I disagree with anne, its not about size, its about the fabric and tailoring of the clothes.  And Sanfranbrent, telling someone just to shop more and that stores exist isnt really helpful.

I haven't found a brand that consistently makes shirts which skim the stomach nicely and dont bunch or cling or bring attention to the area.  Generally speaking though more expensive clothing, and more expensive fabric seems to be more forgiving.  Ive had a lot of luck with the Victorias secret clothing line (btw a good bra can also make ones mid-section look better) but they can get a little expensive. 

Fabric is the main thing to watch out for.  Its all about the way it drapes. Avoid anything that seems stretchy or thin... you want a fabric with some substance to it.  Button-down shirts tend to not cling to the stomach, and layering, as kellie said, can help; however, it has the potential to just add bulk or highlight problem areas.  Lastly, look for a shirt with a longer cut, these generally tend to flow more nicely throughout the torso.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 2:34pm
Are you comfortable showing your chest? Because then you can wear a nice deep V-Empire waist shirt! It's perfect and it distracts attention from your tummy.
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic