Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Punk Rock makeup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dearcole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dearcole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Punk Rock makeup
    Posted: June 25 2006 at 11:28am
does anyone have a great idea for some bright color punk rock makeup?
or   can you reccomend any good brands for punk colors?

i've tried some of the Morbid products at Hot Topic, and honestly they look better in the package. Their cream eyeshadow, awesome color, terrible coverage. clumpy mess. Their lip/eye liner is ok.

right now im actually using face paint in small sticks that i found at Sally Beauty Supply for .49$! The face paint stays put and glides on easy. And its bright yellow, blue, red and white, actually look really awesome and dramatic.

enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 4:46pm
I bought some great bright (uv flouro!) colours from fcuk.  stargazer are another good brand; i think you can get them through the blue banana.  also barry m is great for unusual punky colours.
hth
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by dearcole dearcole wrote:

does anyone have a great idea for some bright color punk rock makeup?
or   can you reccomend any good brands for punk colors?

i've tried some of the Morbid products at Hot Topic, and honestly they look better in the package. Their cream eyeshadow, awesome color, terrible coverage. clumpy mess. Their lip/eye liner is ok.

right now im actually using face paint in small sticks that i found at Sally Beauty Supply for .49$! The face paint stays put and glides on easy. And its bright yellow, blue, red and white, actually look really awesome and dramatic.

Here is the address to a site that has some good tutorials: http://www.beautywhore.net/tutorials/ 

I think I remember the girl writing something about using mac. I don't use anything like that though. I just go to wal-mart or the dollar stores.  Also, adding a little bit of moisturizer and eyeshadow together then applying it can work okay sometimes. It helps the shadow stick to the face better. But, it fades after a while.  

Plus, putting white shadow on first, then putting other colors on top of it will make the other colors brighter and stick out more. 

(Also, if you know of any make-up sites similiar to the one above or have rock and roll or punk rock themes, then post the link please. I'd appreciate it! Thanks)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic