Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

L'oreal Superior Preference

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sheerblonde823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheerblonde823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'oreal Superior Preference
    Posted: June 27 2006 at 6:56pm
As conceited as this may sound, I have really pretty blonde hair, which I've never colored.  Luckily, it runs in my genes.  (Although, mine has maintained its light color into my teenage years, whereas my mom's darkened much quicker.)  While it is still a wonderful color, I do want to lighten it a LITTLE bit.  It has lightened a tad from being outside and my one vacation to the beach, but I feel like I might enjoy it being lighter sometimes.  My hair is absolutely not in dire need of any sort of coloring, but I sort of would like to lighten it.  I take a lot of pride in my hair and I would never want it to look fake!  I bought L'oreal Superior Preference in Ultra Natural Blonde, and am curious if anyone could share their opinions of the product.  I want to know how long it will really last, because if I don't like it, I don't exactly care if it fades over time.  So any takers on this one?  Thanks!
Afakeleg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afakeleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 6:00pm
If you've never dyed it and it is not in dire need, I wouldn't do it. Just my opinion. But I was born with gorgeous blond hair, too, but I haven't had it natural since I was 15. And after all these years, I'm finally starting to regret it (mmm.. 9 years). If you just want it a little lighter, I would buy this product: John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Shampoo (and conditioner). In Platinum Blonde. It does seem to lighten my hair a little. They have new stuff out now called Glazes which I want to try, they deposit a little bit of color on your hair every time you wash it, but I haven't tried that. Have tried the higlight activator and I would make that my first step and hopefully you'll be happy with results and not dye it.  take it easy
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Afakeleg Afakeleg wrote:

If you've never dyed it and it is not in dire need, I wouldn't do it. Just my opinion.

My opinion, too.  My light color lasted into my 30s, and although I'm still blonde, it's a darker blonde.  I'm kind of glad because when it was lighter, I don't think many believed me when I said I didn't do anything to it!

If you really want the color, maybe some highlights instead of an all-over color.  But again, since the change you want is very minor, I'd consider keeping it natural.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic