Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need color advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anne130 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need color advice
    Posted: May 10 2000 at 6:49pm
I have reddish brown hair and would like to color it a very light brown at home. (I tried to have the color done at a salon a few months ago but it turned reddish again in just a few weeks.)I also tried using a drabber once but it just made the color darker. Any advice would be very helpful, thanks!
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2000 at 7:17pm
Hi Anne
I don't know what level brown-red hair you have but I will assume it to be in the medium to light brown area. If you had the color done in the salon the formula should have been an ash based tint in a very light level of color. If the colorist didn't get you light enough it is probably why you are showing red again. To try and go lighter at this point would probably involve using a lightener noot a haircolor because tint will not lift tint. This means that to keep going over the present color of hair with a tint will actually only make it darker. In the salon the colorist can strip some of the tint off, take the hair to the proper level of lightness then color what is left with the appropriate tone and level of tint. I know this is not what you want to hear especially because you want to do it at home but I am afraid you will run into some big problems if you don't let a professional do it. Good luck and let me know how everything turns out.

Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic