Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kinda chubby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinda chubby
    Posted: June 28 2006 at 9:10pm
Im kinda chubby so i need to lose some weight

Im started to eat healthiier...But i need to know some good excerice tips...

I do push-ups,and crunches....and sit-ups any other good tips?
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 11:25pm
I am  in the same boat. I need to loose about 20 pounds. I am starting to do situps, push ups, crunches, Jumping Jacks, walking, maybe some running. I even swim. I don't feel like it helps though. My aunt lost 12 pounds in a week and I can't loose any.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 11:01pm
I've lost about 70 lbs so far, yet I am still chubby -_-;;; .  Really, there's no magic bullet.  Just eat right, count calories, and make sure you get enough exercise.  If you're consistent about that, it should come off.
More awesome than a manatee!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 4:19am

Make sure you're getting in some aerobic exercise.  Not only does it exercise your heart muscles, but at least 30 minutes a day will increase your metabolism (the rate at which your body burns fat).  It doesn't need to be anything extravagant.  If you're in basic good shape, you could start running, but if you're not, a very brisk walk would be good to start.

The key is to challenge yourself without going overboard.

BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 9:46am
cool
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 1:41pm
here is the rule of thumb to lose weight, GET MOVING!!! its not so much what you pick to do just start moving ur body do it frequently and for a good duration of time. Eat right drink lots of water your set!:)  and for those of you stuck in the runt that say this person lost this and i havent well everyones body is different, are you sure your doing enough exercise are you sure your doing it for a good duration each day, re evaluate yourself and retry.

Edited by babycheeks24 - September 03 2006 at 1:43pm
Babycheeks
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 8:07pm
Thanks..
thedotsons84899 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedotsons84899 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 8:19am
Hey, live in Florida, in the panhandle...anyways, Do you like yogurt?  Yoplait had alot of different lavors...white choc. and stawberries, boston creme pie (my fave!), thick n creamy (oooo so good!), ect....I have a yogurt for breakfast and a salda with homemade honeymustard dressing.....(1 cup olive oil    2 cups honey     1/2 cup lime juice    1/4 cup mustard...or dijan mustard  [I make half of that and mix it in one of my empty water bottles] shake well, chill for a30 min  and enjoy)   For my salad, I use fresh baby spinach leaves, 4 baby carrots...sliced, 6 cherry tomatoes..cut in quarters, 2 shallots...sliced, 1/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese, and about 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.  Pour 1-2 tbsp dressing over it and devour it...lol.  Just eat sensibly. My trainer says you can eat fat and calories, but in moderation.  If you have bacon and eggs for breakfast, eat a lite lunh and a low fat, low cal. supper.  And do drink lots of water.  You can get a case of Dasani water from Wal-Mart for about $4.  I drink 8-10 bottles aday..16.9 oz bottles.  Well, good luck!!!
Tiffany
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 7:56pm
Hmmm i live in florida to.. ft.lauderdale what about you? but anyway thanks for the advice.. i drink water..work out.... im a linebacker so i lift weights...im tryin to turn all the lose fat into hard muscle as well lol.. but in the process im tryin to lose a lil weight.. maybe the max 50....cant get to small...but too much water puts on weight doesnt it?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 9:50pm
Hey I live in FL too! In Miami.

Anyway, if you are already lifting weights that is great. So now you need to add cardio to burn the fat. You can use the treadmill, eliptical trainer, bike etc. I personally get bored doing cardio on equipment, and no longer have my gym membership so I can't take my advance step classes anymore. So I discover a new method of doing my cardio without getting bored. I'm a volleyball player, but couldn't find a partner to play with. I started playing raquetball. I have lost 14 lbs so far in about 5 1/2 weeks. I didn't even think I would like it so much, but it turns out I love it. I play 2 hours almost everyday. At the begining I was out of breath by the time I hit the ball 3 times. Now it takes me like 15 minutes just to break a sweat, and I never feel out of breath. I never played before, I I'm getting better and better every day.

So the trick is finding something you can stick with and doesn't make you feel bored. Once you combine the cardio with your weight lifting (and good diet of course) you will be looking fab in no time!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 9:56pm
Oh! forgot to tell you, water weigth is temporary. It usually takes your body about 8 weeks to adjust to the new cardio routine and water intake. So during that time your body will hold on to alot of the water you are taking in. Making it seem like you are heavier that you really are, when you get on the scale. You can let your body naturally adjust (it eventually will, and will get rid of the extra water on its own) or you can eat fruits that will help get the water out like pineapple or cantaloupe. Or you can buy some pineapple pills at the Vitamin Store or GNC etc. They will help your body get rid of the water faster.
Well, hope you go from kind of chubby to fab pretty soon!

Good luck and much love, Shary
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 8:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic