Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondiebachus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiebachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese straightening
    Posted: July 03 2006 at 8:39am
I'm looking for a salon in Michigan - anywhere in Michigan - that does Thermal Reconditioning aka Japanese straightening.  Either that or  Xtenso by Loreal.  I had Xtenso done last summer when I was visiting my mom in North carolina and loved the results although it wasn't quite as straight as I wanted it. I have curly mid length hair (a few inches past my shoulders) and very very thick.  I've got light blonde highlights on slightly darker blonde hair.  I'm so sick of the curl and the frizz.  It drives me crazy.  I can't even get it very straight with an iron anymore.  I've been searching the web but can't find anyone in my area that does either. I live in Northern Michigan. For the right person, I'd be willing to travel downstate. So if anyone knows a good salon experienced in either please let me know. Or if you know a website that would refer me to one. I tried a referral website and it came up No Results Found. I find it hard to believe in the entire state of Michigan there is not one salon that does Japanese straightening.  With Xtenso the stylist was concerned about my highlights and whether or not I would damage my hair severely with this procedure on top of that. It didn't cause any damage because she was cautious. I think that's why it wasn't as straight a I'd hoped because she left it on for less time perhaps.  I've been told Japanese straightening would be better for my highlighted hair.  Hopefully this is true. And I know it's expensive.  I don't even care anymore.
If anyone can help, please do!!!
Blondiebachus
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 12:19am
You really want to do your homework on this one. Take it from personal experience. It can be devastating not to. TR is not a simply thing to have done on your hair. You have to make sure the stylist is a chemical expert. The best person to go to for advice on this forum (or anywhere for that matter) is Steve schekerzian. He is the best chemical expert you will find in North America. The only problem is, he is in Canada. But he can deft. give you the best advice as to what to look for and what to ask, when looking for a stylist, as well as what regimen to follow to keep your hair looking its best. He also works with X-tenso, so he can tell you wich one is better for you. I myself use Rusk Radical-Anticurl and it works great for me. Even when I go to the Dominican Republic, where the humidity can turn any hair into a fro. You can also visit his website: Verticalsinhair.com. You will find such great information there. After my horrible experience with TR, I learned alot about how to take better care of my hair. And Steve's advice really help me make my hair look better while growing it out and bringing it back to health.
Good luck and great hair.
blondiebachus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiebachus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 7:05pm
Thanks for the reply.  Actually I've been doing my homework and the more I research the more convinced I am to do it.  I'm just determined to find the right stylist even I have to travel a long ways to get to him (or her).  I checked out the website you recommended and learned a lot more - thanks!!!
Blondiebachus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic