Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I try hair relaxing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-BG- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -BG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I try hair relaxing?
    Posted: July 10 2006 at 11:22pm
      Hi, im just wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not it would be ok for me to get my hair relaxed. My hair is thick and puffy, kinda frizzy and stiff and curls in the front and back only. It is about 2 1/2 inches long on the top and 1 1/2 inches on the sides. I want my hair to be strait, flat, and smooth-like. After I get a shower I usually blow dry and straiten my hair, this works for a little, but after a while it will just poof up and get curly again. I like the way my hair looks after I wear a hat for a long time.
     Here is a picture of what I want my hair to look like lol:
it was the only picture I could find at the time, but this is exactly how I want my hair. I want to know if I should get my hair relaxed or rebonded to look this way and how much that would cost. Or if anyone knows any other ways please tell. Thanks.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 2:23am
its all up to you.

relaxing does straigten you hair to an extent, i mean it would still be wavy but you will take less time to have it blowdry straight. it can last up to 3 months, then your curly roots will show and you will have to do it again on the curly parts.

rebonding is a very expensive process in america but its a relatively cheap process in asia, because almost every asian wants straight hair. rebonding will make your hair very very straight, and flat.

you need to have at least 4 inches of hair to get it relaxed, any shorter, it will get curly easier.

never trust pictures of stars, they have their hairstyle trimmed and tug by a team of stylist. i think i know that kid from some nicklodeon show.

relaxed/rebonded hair also need special care to maintain its health and its straightness so your hair style budget will rise a lot. so think hard and think wisely when choosing this route.

never let hair control your life.
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic