Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wow.... I tried henna

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
falconwithin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falconwithin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wow.... I tried henna
    Posted: July 11 2006 at 9:22pm
So I decided to give henna a shot. I managed to end up just darkening my hair color but not losing my burnette to the red hair I keep seeing online with henna. My hair feels and looks great! I now what some of you guys love about henna.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 10:41pm
Great news, falconwithin! Post a photo, pretty please?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falconwithin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 11:24pm
If I can get ahold of a camera sure. I'll have one up eventually.
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 7:36am
falconwithin, I'm also about to try henna - whenever it arrives in the mail.

I'm interested in what mix you used? Also how long did you leave it on?

Obviously, what works for your hair may not work for mine, but my concern with henna is that it will make me look "too red".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falconwithin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 11:34am

I read a post on the board at hennaforhair.com about some one mixing both the henna and the indigo together and then putting the mix in their hair and leaving it for about a half an hour. This is the thread: http://www.hennaforhair.com/forum/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=2003&4e888c709e0d92276bae8ba6a347c0e5=a989e1c42c3648396e103aeee26a5483

I did a bunch of sample tests to see how it would look with leaving the mixture in for different lenghts of time. I didnt want much of a change so I picked a half an hour which only changed my hair color a couple of shades.

Good luck with yours Amazing Grace, I hope your henna works out well too.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 5:22am
Yay!!!! That's great to hear! Welcome to life as a henna head  Looking forward to seeing those pics.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 5:57am
I hennaed last night. Actually, it was more of a henna gloss than a full henna-ing.

It feels wonderful and came out a nice shade of red, although I didn't get the henna down to the roots as well as I should have, so there are some uneven patches, although they don't look as bad this morning as I thought they did last night.

I'm debating rehenna-ing in the next day or so, or just letting it go for awhile. Monday I'm having surgery and will be in an out-of-town hospital for a week. Nobody will see me anyway and I'll have time after surgery to refine the henna recipe and technique while I'm relaxed.

DH spent the evening muttering things like "I can't believe you're putting stuff in your hair that if you saw on the floor, you would say 'yuck, I'm not touching that!'
lmacy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmacy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 3:02pm
That is GREAT!!  I am SO afraid to try it.....I bleached my hair and now NOTHING will darken it.  It all washes out so I'm just playing the waiting game now.  I'm so afraid that henna will make me red, which would be WORSE (with my complection) than the blonde. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falconwithin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 3:44pm

Good luck with yours Imacy2. I'm thinking of getting some more and doing it agian in a couple weeks. I've never liked the way my hair gets lighter and lighter in the summer and rather like the brown rather than turning into a blonde. And a little red wont kill me if it happens ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic