Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nancyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help
    Posted: July 15 2006 at 9:58pm
my name is nancy and around october of 2005 i got my hair frosted.  days after i smelled a burning.  i went back to the salon and she trimmed my hair and said she was sorry.  i since have had breakage still in the front (in my bang area) and still till this day it smell like something is burning.  sometimes when i blowdry my hair pieces still break off.  what am i to do.  i bought expensive shampoos and conditioners and also leave on conditioners from redkin, paul mitchell.  can anyone please offer any words of wisdom.  need your help in new york.  thanks nancyann
nancyann
Afakeleg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afakeleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 1:55am
im so sorry. has happened to me too... but im stupid and do it to myself. repeatedly. she fried your hair. DONT BLOW DRY. baby it for awhile and i mean a long time. no heat products. good conditioners. stick with the expensive ones for awhile, but lord no more heat or it WILL keep breaking. try some vitamins, i just bought the hairboutiques Hair Topia to make mine healthier. Only the second day so not sure about the results, but even some cheap prenatal pills would be better than nothing.  ...... i just looked at the date, you posted this yesterday and had it frosted in october of 05? thats a long time for it to still be in such bad condition! how sucky. ... ... hmm... maybe call around to some salons (maybe even the same chick) and tell them the prob and ask for some deep conditioning treatments that might help? once a lady used a protien (k-pak i think it was called) treatment which helped LOADS, but then again sometimes those can be just as harmful.  best of luck
yanetfashions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yanetfashions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 2:49pm
Wow !  Sorry is not enough for me I would make sure the hair dresser wouldn't do it to some one else.

You should try this product listed below:
Herb Ego Fresca by Alter Ego -  Its for weak limp hair & hair loss.

Also Deep Conditioners / Listed below:

Crema Midillo & Placenta By Serical- Italian products

Toque Magico Emergencia Triple Accion / TM Emergency - Dominican Products-  Will restore shine and health to hair that has been damaged by chemical processes such as hair coloring and or hair straightners. Formulated with carefully selected vitamins, proteins amd mineral oils to assure maximun results.

Silicon Mix  By Avanti - Domican products
Whale sperm deep Conditioner or Goat milk deep Conditioner- Venezuelan Products By Kleravitex

No heat - lots of water vitamins, fruits
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:37am
Nancy, I feel your pain. You need to use some reconstructors (protein treatments) Nexxus emergencee works great, so does Redken deep fuel, Sebastian 2+1 or Joico K-pak reconstructor. I would try the Emergencee first. You need to used it with a heat cap, or in a sauna if you have access to one. Or just with a shower cap under a dryer. After the protein treatment make sure you deep condition or your hair will feel like straw. Do the protein treatment at least once a month. Don't do it every week because too much protein can have the opposite effect and end up in more breakage.

My friend had the same problem happened to her. A stylist actually used bleach to give her highlights when she has relaxed hair. Not only did hair turned many different colors. it big chunks broke everywhere, specially on the frontal hairline. And one day she showed up at my house with green hair. Yes green hair. She tried using a semi-permanent color to cover her now horrible orance highlights. Since her hair was so damaged it was unable to hold on to the color. So when the color bled out, she was left with the base color wich was green.

I used Sebastian 2+1 and Redken smooth down butter treat to deep conditon. Put her under the dryer for 20 minutes for each treatment. I even died her hair that day eventhough I was totally against it, but she insisted, because of course she didn't want to walk out with green hair.
Before drying her hair I used a mixture of Sebastian potion 9 and salerm 21 as a leave in conditioner, and a little Redken heat glide as a heat protector. She walked out of my house with beautiful looking hair. and everyone kept asking her where she got it done. We continued the protein treatments and her hair is now back to normal.

You are lucky to be in New York. Alot of Dominican salons there. You can go there to have your hair dried with rolers and then they'll just take out the waves with the blow dryer. That is the best way to dry your hair when is damaged. You will see a difference, trust me.

Well, good luck and great hair.
Shary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic