Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stand by strand install questions =D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stand by strand install questions =D
    Posted: July 16 2006 at 8:31pm
Hi guys, a few quick questions and advice needed on strand installs

1. Im just going for length at the moment, so where would i start the top row? from looking at sites it seems to be just above the top of your ears but im not sure if ill fit 200 tips in my hair if i start down that far.

2. How many tips do you think i could get in a row? bearing in mind i would start an inch or two in from either side so my own hair will cover the bonds when i tie it up.

3. Do you do all the rows without leaving your own hair between each row? or should i do a row then leave a row of my own hair, then do another row?

Hopefully you can understand my pathetic explanations lol

Edited by 222chik222 - July 16 2006 at 8:31pm
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 7:51am
Hi hun, firstly how long is your hair and what hairstyle do you have.

If you have a long layered style you will be able to get away with half a head but if its shorter, thicker or blunt cut you may still need 3/4 or a full head :)

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 10:04am
You also need to start you bonds at the nape of your neck, not at the top of your head.  As for how many bonds you can get into a row would depend on how big your sections are and how much of your natural hair you have.  If you have thin hair, you may not be able to get as much hair onto your head as someone who has thick hair.
lucky chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 12:59pm

dang--I can't remember how many tips I used to have per row but mine started about 1 inch from my part, so way up high.  I wore about 250 strands  total to create 15 inch hair and I have med amount of very fine hair, layered (due to chemical/hot tool breakage--hehe)  to my shoulders. 

HTH

Edited by lucky chick - July 17 2006 at 1:01pm
lucky chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 1:04pm

how do I get rid of the question mark dude???!!  I'd post my own pic there but I don't know how.  I think need to take a 101 class, lol.

222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2006 at 6:44pm
Thanks for your replies :) My own hair is just past my bra strap line, fine hair, average amount. Its layered at the moment so im hoping ill get away with 200 strands (0.6g a strand) so around 4 oz in total. The hair im getting is i-tip and each tip is about 2mm wide.
So id start from the bottom and work my way up to the top of my head? that does make sense, i could see myself running out of room if i started at the top lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic