Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pumace for Oily Skin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pumace for Oily Skin?
    Posted: July 23 2006 at 4:12pm
I lightly used a pumace on my face to remove the dead skin and my face seems to be less oily than usual. I know the pumace packages say don't use on your face but I am going to. It removes dead skin, oil, and makes your face really soft.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 6:11pm
Ouch!  What a pumice stone does is exfoliate the top layer of your skin.  Your face needs exfoliating, too, but a pumice stone can leave your face scratched and may irritate your skin.  Have you tried using baking soda?  It really works great.  You can also overdo the baking soda, so you just gently rub it on your face.
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:36am
HUH    .. I don't think this is a good idea...    
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:57pm
Yeah pumace+face=NO GO! Pumaces are for your body...where your skin is rougher and stronger. Your face is delicate...that is why it is usually easy to obtain pimples and such if you even touch your face! So rubbing a rough rock against your face is not going to do anything. My friend once tried to get some stuff off of her face adn she ended up having a dry...differenet pigmented face with raw spots. Use a gentle exfoliator...it has soft beads that with work with your face and not against it. If you find the right one...it will scrape off dead skin and such. I reccommend using one twice a week...cause once again...skin is sensitive and too much of something can be bad...especially in face terms!
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 10:36am
BE CAREFUL it can leave scars.
pr.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 7:10am
Try using an exfoiliant that is made for the face, 1-2 X per week for normal skin and 2-3 X per week for oily skin. I like St. Ives Apricot scrub. I agree with everyone else who posted, pumice could really damage the skin on your face.
Follow Your Bliss
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 11:03pm
You can actually get scars that you can't even see, but will come out with time. If you want a great exfoliant go to Lamasbeauty.com and get their Pumkin spice face scrub. It is all natural, smells great, and works miracles. It even got rid of my blackheads. It is expensive, but it lasts a long time and it is totally worth it. Subscribe to their newsletter and you will get all kinds of specials. Try it, you'll love it.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 11:30pm
 I'm more opt to "chemically exfoliate" then to physically exfoliate. I use 4% ALPHA HYDROXY ACID which leaves my skin smooth and soft without the painful rubbing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic