Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aloe Vera Gel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aloe Vera Gel
    Posted: July 26 2006 at 4:49pm
Have any of you ever used AVG as a prepoo? I got that tip in my health newsletter. They said it is easy summer hair repair. I usually use AVG as a leave-in/gel or mixed in a deep treatment. I have 7 more minutes then I'm going to wash it out and see if I notice a difference.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:32pm
hmm ive never heard of it as a prepoo treatments. tell me how it works out.. How exactly did you use it? did you just put it or dry hair?
BrownDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 9:01am
Can you add it to your deep conditioners?  If so, what benefits does it have?  Just curious..
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 1:31pm
My hair came out very soft and fluffy. My only complaint is that my hair was a little frizzy but I think that's because my hair got so soft. I just put a bunch on my dry hair and left it on for 1 hour and then s&c normally.
Yes, I use it mixed in my conditioners but you have to be careful because it doesn't mix well with some conditioners. I don't know if it's the cones or proteins or what but it comes out with these stringy bits that you'll be pulling out of your hair for a while. I think using real aloe would probably work tons better and the store bought gel should be used as a hair gel but I don't like the smell of fresh aloe. It's just a really good natural hair conditioner. I live on an island and people with locks use it as a conditioner.

I think my new routine is going to be prepooing every time I shampoo. I'm about to prepoo with that V05 strawberries and cream that someone was raving about.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 10:45am
You know, I came across this oil called Ojon that is recommended as a prepoo treatment. It is actually a reconstructer that works best applied to dry hair first and then shampood out. I love the stuff. I also use it as an oil to seal in my moisturizers. I highly recommend this product!
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 11:39pm
Ojon is expensive wow! 5 ozs $55.00 USD that is like holy water.... lol
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 5:51pm
[=kellie7777]Ojon is expensive wow! 5 ozs $55.00 USD that is like holy water.... lol[/QUOTE]
I know. But it works wonders!!

Edited by ladyflash - August 02 2006 at 5:53pm
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 8:07pm
I wish i lived in the U.S for hair care stuff.
Man right now hubby is going nuts, cause i keep trying new things.
All he hears is Cha-ching!!! My bathroom is overwhelmed by the products and the concoktions i've been mixing up

And i think i'm a product junky. well that's what he says...
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 1:55pm
I do mix aloe vera gel into my homemade hot oil prepoo mix and I love it becaue it is so moisturizing...it also defines curls but you should try it after you condition then apply your regular leave-in it leaves the hair feeling great
Hair album
pw:Romeo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic