Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Hair Frustration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Hair Frustration
    Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:48am
(Sorry for posting so much these few days)
  Anyway Miri is getting soooo frustraed. even though her hair grows like a weed she is getting so agitated with the length that she wants to trim 1/2 an inch off which is unessecary. her goal is fingertip and although she wears it up every day it still isn't long enough for her. Does anyone else have the long hair blues.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:51am
Hi SugarCube,

I'm a little confused.  Why is her reason for wanting it cut?
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 12:12pm
She has split ends and is a debating whether to cut them now or later. Did that make sense
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 12:37pm

Thanks, I didn't know she had split ends.  That is a tough decision.  I personally would cut off the split ends, but a lot of people don't want to lose the length, so they just take ultra care of the ends so they don't split further.

It is a tough call.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 9:53am
We trying not to damage her hair further but how do we prevent he splits from getting worse? Idon't want to cut her hair again at Supercuts
ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 10:47am
how long is Miri's hair? if the split ends are causing her hair to tangle and break, the 1/2" might end up saving some hair. i'm having this problem and am planning to cut 1/2" or so sometime soon. the mayonaise treatments also help a great deal with my tangling.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:07am
the longest point of Miri's hair is 4in past shouders with the shortest 2in past shoulders. I take her to Supercuts but am afraid they might take the shape a bit too short (the back is shorter than the front) and she really wants to keep the length. Did that make sense?
ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:16am
yep, that made perfect sense. i'm anxious too see pics of your hair and hers. i like cuts where the front is longer!

i've had nothing but bad experiences going anywhere to get my hair cut. most places ignore your request and take off what they think they need to for the hair to be healthy. they'd have to shave my head for that lol.

are you able to trim it for her, or do you have any friends you can trust with a pair of scissors? those angles can be a little tricky sometimes.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:25am
Could you possibly trim it yourself?  If you have a small ruler, you could even use that as a guide for cutting, so you keep the same shape but just literally trim the same amount all around.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 8:25am
a trim would be for the best but she wants to keep any new growth until her hair reaches waist lol which will be a year or two since her hair grows so freakin fast(is that fast?she got bout 5in in 5 months)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:37pm
How about letting her hair grow without trims, even if you see split ends?  Maybe go for a 1" trim after 6 months or a year even.  By then, her hair will be significantly longer, and after that trim the ends will be largely split-free.
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 6:58am

Find a stylist you trust and stick with them (and leave a good tip). Pay a little more and avoid the cheaper salons where you get a new stylist each time.

I'd trim the split ends. During the growing process, I had mine trimmed every 12 weeks (1/8 - 1/4 inch). And it still grew long!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic