Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to work w/a tiara

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to work w/a tiara
    Posted: August 19 2000 at 10:24pm
I won a pagent of sorts and need suggestions on hairstyles that will keep me looking together but not be to severe. I am required to wear it at several functions, one festival lasts for three days straight. I could tease my hair and put it up, but after three days of that I would end up with one big tangle. I have very fine, long hair. They don't want something as severe as a french twist. but I think anything else will come down in the course of a day. I need help!!!!! Thanks in advance.
ponytail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponytail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2000 at 2:02pm
Why don't you just attach a comb headband to it. The ones that have the teeth coming out from the headband.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2000 at 11:23pm
Hi,

Congrats on winning the pagent. That is very exciting.

I was on the phone for a couple of hours yesterday with Barbara Lhotan who did the 5 Minute Updos book. I was talking to her about your very dilemna. Not you specifically, just how women could find really great hairstyles that would look great with hair jewelry or headbands or even tiaras.

Barbara said that soft hair knots are the answer. You can do a huge variety, it works on types of hair from thick to thin and it can be done without teasing. You can do a few tiny knots at the front of the head or go crazy and do big knots and "splay them" with some gel. She literally told me 5-6 ways to do knots and it would be fairly easy to try.

You might want to look at the Barbara Lhotan Gallery to get some ideas. All the styles that are in her book are in the Gallery so you get a preview of her work. The woman is amazing. She works all the fashion shows.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic