Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which size microlinks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which size microlinks?
    Posted: July 28 2006 at 8:12pm
Hey guys, if the stick hair tip has a width of 1.5-2mm which size microlink/proshell would i need to use? Also do you reckon the silicon lined rings are better than the proshells?
Thanks   
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:24pm
Yep, I think the silicone rings are better than the protubes: they don't slip as much and they don't 'cut' into the natural hair'

I like the silicone ring with the 2mm inside diameter.
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 11:03am
Hey Metal-- do those silicone rings that you use open back up pretty easy? My mom is a licensed hairlocs technician and I use to wear them....but switched over to pinchbraids because of all the trouble I have experienced with the locs. She has a ton of happy repeat customers....but Hairlocs and my hair just don't agree. I hate that I drive so far and PAY to get my hair done when MOM will do it for next to nothing! Maybe the silicone rings are worth a shot. I wonder if the ones you speak about would fit good with the Hairlocs hair. I will say their hair is always great quality at least.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 6:11pm
Yes the rings open up very easily.  I use the tube opener from hairpiece.com

If your hairlocs pretipped doesn't fit into the rings, than you can reheat and re-spin the tip to make it thinner to fit.
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 7:30pm
Thanks. girlie!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic